Phantom catch release/winch for delivering

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to drop of small cargo using the phantom 3 around the city. Few things I need help with. Need a catch release system to drop from above or a winch which lowers the package to floor so can be grabbed by hand. Anyone tested or know of anything I can use on my phantom.

Also a question, if I'm lower my drone into a garden and loose signal will the bird come up to min return home yes? How do I change that height. Needs to be high just In case.

Thanks

Last edited:
if I'm lower my drone into a garden and loose signal will the bird come up to min return home yes? How do I change thatbheight.
Correct. You can set the RTH altitude in the "MC Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Failsafe Mode" section of the DJI Pilot settings.

Note: If you press the throttle at any point during the RTH ascent, your Phantom will stop ascending and immediately start coming home.

What you are talking about doing is very risky. It would a good understanding of the P3 as well as some engineering skills in designing the payload system. But then you ask about a simple thing like RTH altitude. I'd question if you might want to avoid changing the basic design of the P3 to include such things as a payload.

Haha I've had the 2 for a long time I used the computer previously to change settings have found what I was looking for rg RTH, just needed a point in right place. Anyway it's not for that drugs or prisons lol leave that to the doughnuts. I'm a landlord sometimes tenants loose keys and I have to get to them early hours of the morning when I been drinking and can't drive. It's possible to freight them a mile or so across town surley

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Haha trying to fly precisely, a mile away at night when drunk, I applaud your ambition.
The neighbours will love you too :)

Reactions: Crowflies
The Phantom 3 does not lend itself well to adding such mods.
To start with it lacks aux. control channels to allow the activation or such accessories.

Haha I will be doing it at some point. Got to push the limits. I'll let you know how it goes with a video. Although prob won't be with keys that's a hypothetical

CJM why not tie it to ya ride looks like will lift u in that. Pick up all the birds literally

Simply hire an elf to ride on the gimbal. When ready to deliver, hit the gimbal down max button. The elf will cling for dear life to the gimbal, dropping the keys into the hands of the doofus tenant. Problem solved and glad we could help.

Simply hire an elf to ride on the gimbal. When ready to deliver, hit the gimbal down max button. The elf will cling for dear life to the gimbal, dropping the keys into the hands of the doofus tenant. Problem solved and glad we could help.

That might work, but it's an elf-and-safety minefield.

The elf will need to sign a disclaimer and have proof of insurance prior to takeoff.

Bear in mind that something extra hanging on the aircraft may probably produce some false signals to the vision and sonic sensors of the Phantom 3 if this move into the sensors area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic