Phantom blinking red led after takeoff (ok on the ground)

Reaction score
Phantom regular status on the ground but after takeoff starts blinking red LED, battery full charged.

I've done all kinds of calibration methods, IMU and compass, and reset the magnet and nothing worked until now.

The MOD Compass is between 1600 and 2000 but the calibration is finished ok.

The calibration method by stick also ends ok, without led red. Just after takeoff the problem happens.

Besides flashing the red LED, the flight becomes unstable and automatic landing happens.

I think the problem is in compass, anyone else had this problem?

Buy another compass (Landing gear) solves the problem?

Re: Phantom blinking red led after takeoff (ok on the ground

dxmbr said:
Phantom regular status on the ground but after takeoff starts blinking red LED, battery full charged.

I've done all kinds of calibration methods, IMU and compass, and reset the magnet and nothing worked until now.

The calibration method by stick also ends ok, without led red. Just after takeoff the problem happens.

Besides flashing the red LED, the flight becomes unstable and automatic landing happens.

Hey, looks like a bettery problem, have you tested if is is really chargerd? some batteries never charge after being connected to charger... faulty unit ?

jumanoc said:
dxmbr said:

Hey, looks like a bettery problem, have you tested if is is really chargerd? some batteries never charge after being connected to charger... faulty unit ?

Yes, I have four batteries.

I put a charged battery, calibrated voltage, but in time to take flight it is taking off crooked, one side is always hitting the ground.

Check propellers correct mounted (CW CCW rotation) and also top shell aligned in the right way.

jumanoc said:
Check propellers correct mounted (CW CCW rotation) and also top shell aligned in the right way.

Already checked. It's ok.

sometimes i got the ERROR 27

I had the same issue and i kept running thru troubleshooting steps that i'm sure you did as well and after about the 4th time on advanced calibration it just started working.

I did also notice mine started that right after upgrading the firmware. There is a point where is says power down the controller and you really should not as the new firmware recycles power resources. I trowing isht to see what sticks and this is the only thing i could think of that created my issue with the same symptoms as yours.

But again after re-calibrating a few times over and the compass as well and you may have to do the magnet thing won the compass but there is not really many troubleshooting steps to take so the 3 or 4 there are should eventually work.

I'm a systems intergrator and i see this type of stuff all the time but it's so embarrassing to have to explain to someone i am not sure how i fixed it but it works now!

eckoner said:
I had the same issue and i kept running thru troubleshooting steps that i'm sure you did as well and after about the 4th time on advanced calibration it just started working.

I did also notice mine started that right after upgrading the firmware. There is a point where is says power down the controller and you really should not as the new firmware recycles power resources. I trowing isht to see what sticks and this is the only thing i could think of that created my issue with the same symptoms as yours.

But again after re-calibrating a few times over and the compass as well and you may have to do the magnet thing won the compass but there is not really many troubleshooting steps to take so the 3 or 4 there are should eventually work.

I'm a systems intergrator and i see this type of stuff all the time but it's so embarrassing to have to explain to someone i am not sure how i fixed it but it works now!

I tried your method but still not getting any success. My compass don't take normal range...

Can you tell me if the problem is in the Compass or GPS?

dxmbr said:
eckoner said:

I tried your method but still not getting any success. My compass don't take normal range...

Can you tell me if the problem is in the Compass or GPS?

Honestly i cant tell you if my particular issue was with the compass or gps. I have a sequence i would go thru and i went thru that same sequence and on the 4th try it all worked.

I cant explain that other than the fact "Firmware" is involved ...thats just my guess based on techie exp.

Hi, I have the same experience last week, one of my battery blinking red led after takeoff, I have three batteries. After I went back home. I connected the Phantom 2 to my PC and turn on the Phantom 2, and just let the batteries running until its reach around 6-8%, then I fully charge the battery again, then the problem is gone. Hope this help

Is it possible your low voltage warning is set to high. So even with a fully charged battery, it goes in to low voltage warning 2.

Sounds like your battery alarm. What are your low voltage alarms set to, and is your NAZA voltage calibrated to your batteries? I know you mentioned calibrated voltage but it's a bit vague.

To do a good calibration of the voltage you need to have some way to know what the battery's exact voltage is first.
Then you hit the calibration button and enter what the real actual voltage is then it just sets the phantoms electronics to read the volts right. It basically just zeros it in in case there is any variation of what the phantom is thinking the volts are reading at and the real actual voltage. Its sort of like using a check weight on a scale to make sure its reading the weight properly.

can you please tell me how you got this solved, i am having the same problem with my FC40 the red light flashes quickly as soon I take off, also what are the default voltages for the naza warning 1 and warning 2, i need to set it back to those default voltages.

Hey guys, I am fairly new at these forums so bare with me please as I try and avoid using any inappropriate etiquette. I had an issue tonight with ,the Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse gimbal that seems similar to the original posting on this thread and thought I would see If I may be able to get some assistance? I recently but a spare battery for my Phantom, it is original DJI, and labeled both 1 and 2 so I could ensure I was rotating the, properly. I have had maybe 15 flights with this battery and always start with it fully charged (and try to fly until the OSD says 25%). This evening I went to fly, I verified the battery was 100% pushed the button on the battery all the bars lite green...turn Trx on, turned Phantom 2 on, put on FPV goggles, locked satellites....green blinking GPS mode ready, battery says 97%....take off. Hover at 10' and suddenly ALL red flashing lights, batter low RTH.....it touches down, back to green....battery at 96%.....ok...try again...take off, hover 10, red lights battery low, RTH.......rinse and repeat for 5x and when I finally gave up, battery on OSD says 76%.....3 glowing bars on the outside. The battery was not hot, nor swollen.......at 109.00 a piece I hope that is not the problem. Any ideas? Thank you.

<b> I'm having the same issue... Have you received any resolution? I bought mine used this year. The person I bought it from warned me and told me it's the battery, but i have 2 good batteries of 8. Any thoughts? Thanks for bringing this to light.... David </b>

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl