Phantom 4A+ gimbal problem

Reaction score
I've flown my Phantom 4A+ about 30 times with no incidents but this morning I decided to try to calibrate everything just because I've read that it was recommended. I did the IMU calibration successfully and then connected the drone to dji assistant 2 (for the 1st time) and checked firmware which appears to be up to date. I went to calibrate the vision system and this is when i noticed the camera is pointing straight down and moving just a little to the side every couple seconds but that's it. The camera will not 'right' itself. I've turned it on and off, re-calibrated the imu, checked for updates and reset gimbal settings. When i turn it off/on, the camera does lift up and look around like it normally would but when it looks down it just stays there, moving just a few centimeters to the side with a 'click' noise.
It almost seems like I miscalibrated the drone and when the camera tries to move to the side, it thinks it's moving up to a 90degree position? I'm obviously very new to all of this, sorry if I haven't described the problem well enough.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Last edited:
All that calibration is not really needed unless the system in the app tells you too...I'm sure that some body here will help you in restoring the drone back to where it was before you re calibrated it...stay with us ! some of us here never update...The old rule their is If its performing OK.....stay with the firmware that you have !....i have never updated in all the time i have had my drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues