Phantom 4, what would you like

Something I really hope for is a better quality shell the plastic these are made of is so soft it doesn't take much to damage it. Myself and I am sure others would be willing to sacrifice a few minutes of flight time for weight increase with a better shell. Low altitude crashes won't be so destructive.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I tiny back up lipo with a few mins of power which can sense a main battery failure.Patch antenna like the DBS instead of the outdated rabbit ears.A parachute system like the Mayday https://www.kickstarter.com/project...f-autonomous-drone-safety?ref=category_newest.
And every part on it be available for sale at the time of launch and be user friendly to replace any part just like the Chroma
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and a zoom.....please Santa please :)

Last edited:
I'll second the optical zoom feature! And some GO tweaks to advise the pilot when the various calibrations seem to be sketchy. Why should I have to switch to another screen to be reassured that my compass, etc, are near normal values?
New name- The Phantom Phour!

I would like to see better battery life of course. Then there are features that we haven't seen yet but are under development such as Follow-Me.

A sensor that would detect objects above would be a good thing - consider flying in the blind and amongst trees, i.e a tree canopy. You wouldn't want to bump up into the tree, especially when in RTH mode.

Reactions: duckdogs007
Obstacle avoidance.

A bit longer battery life.

Level horizon at all times, even while yawing. Maybe auto gimbal roll adjust like that 3rd party app.

User defined boundaries of sensor readings - out of your preset boundaries and the app warns you without you needing to check multiple screens.

More efficient app and/or video processing to lessen the load on mobile devices.

A more robust gimbal that doesn't jettison from the P3 so easily.

An option in the app to turn on some kind of tone, maybe a series of short beeps, as loud as the start up tone. Users could turn on this tone to use as a beacon to assist with finding the P3 if it landed out of sight. Sort of like finding your mobile phone by calling it and listening for the ring tone. Better yet, if the P3 automatically initiates a RTH or low power landing, the beep initiates on it's own to assist with locating. Of course, an option to disable the tone would be needed for those who want or need silence.

Last edited:
  • Better camera overall
  • Camera zoom
  • Arms that don't require user-reinforcement
  • Better DJI support
  • Provisions for simultaneous multiple battery
  • More stable/better SDK support

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads