Phantom 4 used in The Mist TV show

Reaction score
Always cool to see something you use yourself being used on a movie or tv show.

Some people are trapped inside a mall surrounded by a mysterious mist. Phones are not working, radios are getting nowhere. Internet is down. People die, scary...

They need to see what's down a hallway and inside some offices that has this mist in them. Someone remembers that they sell drones at an electronics store and they grab and unbox a new Phantom 4 and, bonus, mount a Lume Cube on top of it for lighting. Yes, dead center over top of the GPS antenna. They install some prop guards, grab someone's iPad and then... magically the Go app is there (remember, no internet, cell or wifi or wired).

So, behind a pair of metal doors, down a concrete walled hallway, around two corners, into an office (beyond a metal framed doorway) with perfect camera reception and signal, the worlds smoothest pilot goes. With all these unlikely things going my friend and I question if it's possible at all.

We decide, let's give them the impossible odds luck factor. Let's say it's a floor model that's already got an iPad with Go on it and the mall people don't know better so mount the lime cube on top. Fortunately they are flying using Atti mode so that's ok.

Then we got to the punch line. No internet. They can't log into a DJI account or create one. So they won be able to go beyond the restricted space a drone says not logged in can go.

*And to make this even more realistic, they should boot up and suddenly get a "cannot take off" message. And nothing they can do about it.

This ability to brick our drones is irresponsible and exceeds DJIs authority; it's not their drone after I paid for it, it's mine and I should be able to do any fracking thing I want with it anytime anywhere. They don't get to set flight rules, who gave them that right? They aren't a government agency or rule making body. Car makers, aircraft makers, boat makers, none of them limit their vehicles from starting no matter what. Drones shouldn't be an exception. The PILOT is responsible for his actions, the drone is just hardware and should ALWAYS obey all of the pilots commands. Always, no matter what. Period.

It's like in every movie or tv show you have ever seen and said, wait, that can't happen.
They say you have to "suspend disbelief".

The best part for me was when the drone got stuck on the floor . lol I think the director knew they blew it with that seen of the drone flying down the hall and not outside into the fog.

Can anyone else name a movie with the Phantom 4 in it ?

Always cool to see something you use yourself being used on a movie or tv show.

Some people are trapped inside a mall surrounded by a mysterious mist. Phones are not working, radios are getting nowhere. Internet is down. People die, scary...

They need to see what's down a hallway and inside some offices that has this mist in them. Someone remembers that they sell drones at an electronics store and they grab and unbox a new Phantom 4 and, bonus, mount a Lume Cube on top of it for lighting. Yes, dead center over top of the GPS antenna. They install some prop guards, grab someone's iPad and then... magically the Go app is there (remember, no internet, cell or wifi or wired).

So, behind a pair of metal doors, down a concrete walled hallway, around two corners, into an office (beyond a metal framed doorway) with perfect camera reception and signal, the worlds smoothest pilot goes. With all these unlikely things going my friend and I question if it's possible at all.

We decide, let's give them the impossible odds luck factor. Let's say it's a floor model that's already got an iPad with Go on it and the mall people don't know better so mount the lime cube on top. Fortunately they are flying using Atti mode so that's ok.

Then we got to the punch line. No internet. They can't log into a DJI account or create one. So they won be able to go beyond the restricted space a drone says not logged in can go.

*And to make this even more realistic, they should boot up and suddenly get a "cannot take off" message. And nothing they can do about it.

This ability to brick our drones is irresponsible and exceeds DJIs authority; it's not their drone after I paid for it, it's mine and I should be able to do any fracking thing I want with it anytime anywhere. They don't get to set flight rules, who gave them that right? They aren't a government agency or rule making body. Car makers, aircraft makers, boat makers, none of them limit their vehicles from starting no matter what. Drones shouldn't be an exception. The PILOT is responsible for his actions, the drone is just hardware and should ALWAYS obey all of the pilots commands. Always, no matter what. Period.
Actually it was a phantom 4 pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20