Phantom 4 top speeds

Reaction score
Today I decided to see if I could break my personal high speed of
53mph.
The wind was gusting 25-30 and yes everyone I am very aware
This is not recommended.
I took safety in mind and keep it about 100-125 feet high.
I just kept coming back against the head wind and just
Lining the P4 up, waited for a heavy wind and set sail.
Idk what the top speed of a P4 is but I bet I am in the top
Ten.
The data says over 72 mph
Let me know your personal best high speed.
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0320.jpg

Small picture was 2nd flight when new,now stuck at 59.2
20180408_071703.jpg
,,,mine was just in sport mode,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
Just go into the root menu and change the max angle of attack and motor RPM speed if you want to try speed records. I don't know how accurate those split-second GPS numbers are, especially if you weren't in atti mode.

Pfe7Hhd.jpg
I got up to 73.7 on June 8th, 2016 while flying during storm winds. I was trying to get lightning shots at night when it was just wind and no rain when my P4 got up to that speed. I don't remember if I was in atti or sport mode at the time.

That image is pretty old so those stats, other than speed, have increased here and there.

Last edited:
I got up to 73.7 on June 8th, 2016 while flying during storm winds. I was trying to get lightning shots at night when it was just wind and no rain when my P4 got up to that speed. I don't remember if I was in atti or sport mode at the time.
ftttu, u beat me by 1 mile an hour. I switched between atti and sport but not sure which I had it in at the time.
I can check my data and see.
Yeah while flying it shot from 58mph to 72mph instantaneous
Or so it seemed.

Reactions: ftttu
My first Drone ended up in a lake playing the speed game. not interested... It's a flying camera, not a racer.

Geo
I don't normally fly over 28 mph since I want range, but I still like to know that I have the power to fight strong winds and just to run down the battery after a Litchi waypoint mission. Sorry the Lady of the Lake stole your bird. Hopefully, I will be moving from West Texas to the Lake Livingston area where I will be regularly flying over water. I'm hoping the lake lady keeps her wet hands of mine as well.

That’s my second highest out of my 7 quads I fly including my mavic pro and platinum

Also to the old guy who says it’s not a racer what do you think fpv mode is for!!! I throw on my fatshark dominators HD’s and have fun that way too boss![emoji16]

Beat this boys[emoji41]View attachment 98023
I take you not read # 2 post 78.3mph,light breeze,some have posted 90+mph and do got to agree these are not racing drones,might be in our head but it's a flying camera,I do fly mine hard and makes me think the stress and forces on the plastic must be extreme,surprised I got no cracks yet,fpv not always mean racing,;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl