Phantom 4 stress cracks... Should I be worried

Well I was going to see about sending mine in for the exact stress cracks, I'm 5 days from having it a year.
I purchased it as a refurbished unit from Drone Nerds and it had tiny little cracks at the attachment points on the landing gear but I wasn't to concerned until I noticed the cracks on the body arm. I had contacted Drone Nerds asking if DJI would do anything for the cracks and was told "stress cracks are known issue on the phantom series which DJI is addressing with the new shells. It will not affect your flight, they just happen over time from the vibration of the motors." So I decided to start the process of submitting my repair request but after reading this thread I'm not going to pay $65 just to have them tell me its pilot error and pay the ransom to get it back.
Don't waste your time and money..
No matter what you say or do, It will be your fault, When this stupid company knows very well it was their product...
Good luck..

When all of them are cracking pretty much in the same place and even Drone Nerds admit its an issue, how on earth can they not own up to it? Sad deal, I had a couple of friends asking about purchasing DJI products at Thanksgiving and I told them to think twice.... I love my Phantom but couldn't and will never recommend them to anyone.
I just noticed this is in the PH4 Pro section but seems to fit the 4 as well.

Attachments

• Landing.jpg
    Landing.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 24093699_10213472027693518_525826254_o.jpg
    24093699_10213472027693518_525826254_o.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 289
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads