Phantom 4 Standard camera issue

Reaction score
Hello there! I have looked at threads about this before posting, but couldn't find anything that matches this issue with taking pics and capturing video on my Phantom 4 Standard drone.

You can see the video is clear 4k, but how about the "snow pellets" you see in the darker parts of the video??? What is this? It's been used often (3-4 days per week) for years, and it's always been so reliable. I feel like it has been well taken care of... any ideas on this? It's not the exposure settings and the glass on the camera is clean. Batteries are good. No calibration warnings or IMU anything. Could it be the camera ribbon? The video transmission back to iPad looks perfect. However, what I see from SD card is in attached video. Before I take drastic measures, I was hoping to run this across anyone that could have fixed this on their own. Thank you for any ideas or help you might be able to provide!

Hi there. The phantom3 standard uses 2.7k not 4 k when shooting video. You are facing into the sun which is never good unless you use an nd filter on the camera lense. I use a phantom standard myself and adjust the camera settings in manual to get the best footage but if I fly into sunlight I also get thet grainy footage also. Hopefully some more knowledgeable members will reply to your post. I am interested in there replies also. Safe flying bud.

Hi there. The phantom3 standard uses 2.7k not 4 k when shooting video. You are facing into the sun which is never good unless you use an nd filter on the camera lense. I use a phantom standard myself and adjust the camera settings in manual to get the best footage but if I fly into sunlight I also get thet grainy footage also. Hopefully some more knowledgeable members will reply to your post. I am interested in there replies also. Safe flying bud.
Sorry I read your post incorrectly. You are correct in saying the phantom 4 uses 4k but I would still change settings in manual to see if it helps.

Hello there! I have looked at threads about this before posting, but couldn't find anything that matches this issue with taking pics and capturing video on my Phantom 4 Standard drone.

You can see the video is clear 4k, but how about the "snow pellets" you see in the darker parts of the video??? What is this? It's been used often (3-4 days per week) for years, and it's always been so reliable. I feel like it has been well taken care of... any ideas on this? It's not the exposure settings and the glass on the camera is clean. Batteries are good. No calibration warnings or IMU anything. Could it be the camera ribbon? The video transmission back to iPad looks perfect. However, what I see from SD card is in attached video. Before I take drastic measures, I was hoping to run this across anyone that could have fixed this on their own. Thank you for any ideas or help you might be able to provide!

Try shooting different angles. If you still get this distortion, start by contacting DJI.

It occurred to me that unless you change the youtube settings to 1080p or 4k, you will not see what I am talking about. Thanks to the replies though. I'm going to try to examine the two ribbon cables (the black one for gimbal and grey one for camera).

I am traveling from NY to Florida so I just saw your post. Yes it could be the cable if you have already tried resetting the camera. It could also be the board inside the camera head. There are a few people on here that could repair it reasonably. Myself included. Not sure where you are located but I am in Florida and Jiminyfixit is in California.

Droneted, thank you for the reply. I'll likely take you up on that ... going to disconnect and re-connect the ribbon cables. If that doesn't make a difference, I'll PM you. Thanks.

PS: I am in the North Texas area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20