Phantom 4 spherical panorama

Ours usually take about 8-10 minutes per set, so I'm surprised by how quick yours transfer. (P4P and the latest iPad mini.) Besides the occasional failed upload, this is the only other inconvenience, although a minor one.

I've got a few to do when the weather breaks here and I'll time them to see. It's entirely possible I'm mis-estimating the time required to offload them from aircraft to Tx.

Their app looks like it does a nice job, but as a photographer, I don't like the fact that they claim the rights to the final image, so I won't use them.

You still have your images to do with as you chose. I don't know of any online service similar to Hangar that doesn't also claim those same rights. What we're using them for it fits our model splendidly not to mention the ease of use and finished product in under an hour.

We have some fairly large "Industrial" clients who now request the 360 on every project.

I've got a few to do when the weather breaks here and I'll time them to see. It's entirely possible I'm mis-estimating the time required to offload them from aircraft to Tx.

You still have your images to do with as you chose. I don't know of any online service similar to Hangar that doesn't also claim those same rights. What we're using them for it fits our model splendidly not to mention the ease of use and finished product in under an hour.

We have some fairly large "Industrial" clients who now request the 360 on every project.
Interesting that your clients request that. Yes, I agree with your point about the individual images being your own - you don't have to submit them to Hangar, you could just stitch them yourself.

There was a nice free app called DronePan that I used with my P3P, but the official release does not work with newer drones yet. One can get a beta version if they wanted to test it...new version is supposed to be released later this year with support for all P4 versions, Mavic and Inspire 2.

Interesting that your clients request that. Yes, I agree with your point about the individual images being your own - you don't have to submit them to Hangar, you could just stitch them yourself.

There was a nice free app called DronePan that I used with my P3P, but the official release does not work with newer drones yet. One can get a beta version if they wanted to test it...new version is supposed to be released later this year with support for all P4 versions, Mavic and Inspire 2.

You are correct. I'm good friend with the team over at DronePan and have done a lot of early testing with them. Solid company and great customer service.

Reactions: KAOS Imagery
I've used it about a dozen times and it works pretty well. Here's an example of one. Good color balancing, blending, and easy to use. Only drawbacks are that if something fails during the upload or processing, that's it, no second shot or ability to try again. So, if it's important, you might want to take a couple of 360 sets to make sure that you get it and then only upload when you've got a solid WiFi or cellular connection. The upload from the drone to the tablet/phone takes about 8-10 minutes, so that's kind of slow, but probably unavoidable.

I've been paying attention since we had this discussion and yesterday I actually paid VERY close attention. I did 2 different 360's (in the same flight) and did an estimation on the upload time from aircraft to tablet and from tablet to server. Both took almost exactly the same amount of time:

Flight #1 Transfer from Aircraft to Tablet (23 images) 40 seconds
Flight #1 Upload from Tablet to Hangar Server (over Cellular connection) (23 images) 6minutes

Flight #2 Transfer from Aircraft to Tablet (23 images) 45 seconds
Flight #2 Upload from Tablet to Hangar Server (over Cellular connection) (23 images) 6minutes 30 seconds

Both took about an hour (total not each) to process on the Hangar server and to show up completed in the App.

Hope this helps.

Allen

Reactions: doktorinjh
I've been paying attention since we had this discussion and yesterday I actually paid VERY close attention.
Thanks! Those numbers seem to match what I recall. I'll get the stopwatch out the next time I'm uploading, but I imagine they'll be similar.

I have been using DronePan for over a year now with great success, but your latest “Upgrade” is causing me fits.
I had to cancel a shoot last week when I could not get the darn thing to start.

I ran DJI Go first to get the exposures correct, then deleted it and started DronePan. No matter what sequence of events I could get nothing but single pictures. It would say “Are you ready to start the panorama sequence, I would tap start and nothing would happen.
I even jumped up to 35 meters to see if it was altitude related.
Please let me know the secret! How do I start the sequence?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT