Phantom 4 Shaky Footage

Reaction score
I just got a Phantom 4 from DJI, and everything seemed to work fine, except that the footage is shaky. I'm thinking is caused by the props, motor, or the gimbal. I have tried calibrating the IMU and gimbal, and the firmware is also up to date. I took it to a DJI licensed retail store in the US but they just told me to calibrate the IMU & gimbal. Any suggestions?

Here are two videos:

Last edited:
I also find that my footage has become shaky as well when it used to be rock solid. It is to a point where many of my shots don't look very nice and the shaking makes them unuseable.

I see a lot of props in these shots...was the wind being gusty when you were flying?

I see a lot of props in these shots...was the wind being gusty when you were flying?
It does look like it was in sports mode, you can also see it's windy. It could be a mix of wind and the fact it's in sports mode. Try going out on a clear day, make sure the drone is still and try.

It does look like it was in sports mode, you can also see it's windy. It could be a mix of wind and the fact it's in sports mode. Try going out on a clear day, make sure the drone is still and try.
Multiple flight modes were disabled atthe time of these videos. In the first video, the wind was not gusty, the second video was filmed in windy conditions.

My shaky video occurs even during normal calm day flights without sport mode.

Hi,
I noticed at a time mine were starting to do this, so I reformatted the SD card and the problem was gone, the SD card can cause some problems from time to time, I bought a super high speed card rated at 95Mbs and have not had any more shaky looking videos, Just a thought?
SteveP55

Hi,
I noticed at a time mine were starting to do this, so I reformatted the SD card and the problem was gone, the SD card can cause some problems from time to time, I bought a super high speed card rated at 95Mbs and have not had any more shaky looking videos, Just a thought?
SteveP55
Have you had any other problems since then with shaky footage?

I'd like to hear from @nickilu1 what the current situation is. Did you figure out your issue? If so, what was the problem?

If the first video was calm weather, no wind, the pilot wasn't flying very calm. The props suddenly jerking into view then out implies you weren't flying steady and calm. It appears you kept stopping and starting suddenly, ungracefully, like a beginner. If you smooth out your flight behavior it might help to produce better, smoother videos. Tilting your camera down 10° as SOP when launching would help to avoid props showing in your video, a good routine to learn.

I just got a Phantom 4 from DJI, and everything seemed to work fine, except that the footage is shaky. I'm thinking is caused by the props, motor, or the gimbal. I have tried calibrating the IMU and gimbal, and the firmware is also up to date. I took it to a DJI licensed retail store in the US but they just told me to calibrate the IMU & gimbal. Any suggestions?

Here are two videos:
Perhaps a silly question but you did remove the gimbal packing right? My first flight I didn't remove that piece and that footage is shaky as well.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4