Phantom 4 Reliability

All same.
By now I'd have to say if there were and design weaknesses we would know. Like the stress cracks. I've not heard of anything worse than that so far.

That's all on the same Phantom 4? That's pretty impressive! I wonder how many hours one could get out of a Phantom4 before something fails which gets me wondering what would fail first.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Based on everything I've seen in about a year of regularly reading in this forum, I suspect the shell cracks are the first to show up, followed by motor issues. It's a shame that the shell is the first because that should be something easily corrected with a better design.

upload_2016-10-16_15-35-13.png

So far so good, still feels like new and no problems (touch wood!!) :)

Before selling it to order a Mavic Pro my P4 had almost 200 flights & logged 2.5 million feet. No crashes, cracks, not even a chipped prop. My Vision+ has over 500 flights & is still flying despite spending a rainy night in the tree tops, a minor tree encounter, an emergency landing on an island, & an encounter with "Night Fury." :eek:

I'm fairly new to drones and DJI is basically the only brand I've owned. I don't mean to start a negative thread but I'm curious about the Phantom regarding reliability. What is usually without crashes involved the first thing to stop working? These things aren't cheap and I would like for mine to last as long as possible. How reliable can they be? How common are crashes?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4