Phantom 4 RC firmware problem

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with my phantom 4 RC. I think it lost its firmware !

The RC is not connecting to my Ipad. I tried to downgrade by long pressing the three lines in the main menu but I can not see any firmware !

With my mac, using Assistant, I can see the remote, but again, the software can get the firmware version of the RC.
With DJI assistant 2, I can not see the RC

With a windows PC, I can neither see the firmware version with Assistant but windows can connect to it.

The RC is "working". When I turn on the Phantom, the led turn from red to green. I can move the camera and start the motors. With the windows PC, I can use the RC for the DJI Drone simulator.

I tried the "C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button" reset without success..

To summarize, the RC seems to work but I can not connect it to my ipad (or my android phone) and I can't see or upgrade the firmware.

Do you have any idea now ?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20190121_165957.jpg
    20190121_165957.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 20190121_170149.jpg
    20190121_170149.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.37.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.37.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.45.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.45.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 186
Hello,
I have a problem with my phantom 4 RC. I think it lost its firmware !

The RC is not connecting to my Ipad. I tried to downgrade by long pressing the three lines in the main menu but I can not see any firmware !

With my mac, using Assistant, I can see the remote, but again, the software can get the firmware version of the RC.
With DJI assistant 2, I can not see the RC

With a windows PC, I can neither see the firmware version with Assistant but windows can connect to it.

The RC is "working". When I turn on the Phantom, the led turn from red to green. I can move the camera and start the motors. With the windows PC, I can use the RC for the DJI Drone simulator.

I tried the "C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button" reset without success..

To summarize, the RC seems to work but I can not connect it to my ipad (or my android phone) and I can't see or upgrade the firmware.

Do you have any idea now ?

Thank you
You can enter app and general settings go down to bottom where says ABOUT and click on it will show what firmware here...I have done all my firmware with just useing OTG adapter cable ,no assistant,always gives me headache,,download firmware,,use OTG from device to drone to update
Screenshot_20190122-080220.jpg
Screenshot_20190122-080347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a problem with my RC

Attachments

• 20190122_093047.jpg
    20190122_093047.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 269
I think there is a problem with my RC
OK can check here aswell,,need drone powered up always helps ,,Um I know it linked but give it a fresh relinking under rc settings,once again it might help show which rc version...your only 1 version behind in the djigo4 app but no need to update.....have you tryed a fresh install of djigo4 just to see if firmware version return.....reinstall might be very good idea so it can open the new file that comes with it
Screenshot_20190122-213540.jpg
Screenshot_20190122-213604.jpg

I have DJI GO 4 on my Ipad and it is the last version.

I just re-link the RC and the Phantom 4. But it does not change the firmware problem
OK was just having quick look..can you or have you clicked on overall status like mentioned below
20190122_221311.jpg

Hey dumb question but I must ask,,are you using usb cable from remote to device,,,I just staring at the disconected and had to ask if one plugged in cause it need it.........OK another dumb question but it helps and no offense to you,,is this drone new or have you flown it in the past,,did everything work normal and have cam view,,

OK was just having quick look..can you or have you clicked on overall status like mentioned belowView attachment 107604

The DJI GO App does not connect to the RC and I don't have a "Firmware requires Update".
I am connecting the RC using the "big" USB connector (and not the small one) using the DJI lightning-to-USB cable. I already try to use another cable to connect to my android phone and my PC

The DJI GO App does not connect to the RC and I don't have a "Firmware requires Update".
I am connecting the RC using the "big" USB connector (and not the small one) using the DJI lightning-to-USB cable. I already try to use another cable to connect to my android phone and my PC
I not metion trying another device but could try,,this pic is my p4s usb module,,I upgraded mine but mayby yours is bad that why I ask if you know history of drone like new out the box or buy used ,not to offend you,,these are know to be bit dodgy sometimes,,easy to look under cover and inspect,I know there is a usb testing device but could probly make one yourself to see if it working
15481502280291995757980.jpg

I not metion trying another device but could try,,this pic is my p4s usb module,,I upgraded mine but mayby yours is bad that why I ask if you know history of drone like new out the box or buy used ,not to offend you,,these are know to be bit dodgy sometimes,,easy to look under cover and inspect,I know there is a usb testing device but could probly make one yourself to see if it workingView attachment 107605
Maybe it could be a cheap solution to buy a new usb module. But I think it is more a firmware problem than a USB one. As I wrote, I can use the RC on my windows PC to play DJI Flight simulator so the "USB module" is working well. It is the firmware part that is the problem.

I forgot to mention that I have also only the 3 left leds flashing when I am charging the RC. It is a known problem. It should be link with the firmware problem

Thank you for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers