phantom 4 R/C is charging my S7

Reaction score
My phantom transmitter battery seems to be running down a bit too quickly and I realized that my phone is charging from the transmitter. That can't be helping my battery duration time. Wondering if there's a simple way to stop the charging while still keeping the connectivity necessary for DJI Go?

Look under the remote control menu in the Go 4 App, there is a switch to change the charging setting for your device. Welcome to Phantom pilots!

Reactions: BigAl07
I have the same problem with the P4 controller charging my Nexus 7 android tablet and cannot find the switch in the Go 4 app. Any more information available please?

I have the same problem with the P4 controller charging my Nexus 7 android tablet and cannot find the switch in the Go 4 app. Any more information available please?

From what I have read recently there is no way to turn off charging on some Android devices.

Come on all you creative people out there, isn't there a fix for this?. Is the signal between the phone and R/C referenced to ground so the V+ wire is irrelevant and can be snipped? Any other ideas? A current limiting resistor spliced in the usb wire neg or pos line??

Can anyone predict damage to phone or R/C will occur if you cut wire #1? Will the connection try to load V+ through the D+ line and blow the buffer circuit or something else as sinister?
upload_2017-11-1_13-56-8.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik