From Transmitter Battery Problem to No Firmware

Reaction score
I was having an issue with my Phantom 4 remote not completely charging and the remote battery running down quickly. After some research I found out it could possibly be a firmware issue and it was recommended that I back down to the previous firmware. I did that and it seemed to fix the issue with the transmitter but I was not able to get the Phantom itself to change firmware. I was doing this through the DJI Go app on my iPad. I downloaded DJI Assistant to my laptop and reloaded the most recent firmware to the Phantom and decided I would just put it back on the transmitter and now it would let me load any firmware to the transmitter. One photo is what I see on the DJI Go app and the other is from DJI Assistant.
DJI Firmware.jpeg
DJI Go 4.jpg
Any suggestions?

My transmitter would not connect to the aircraft and I thought it was because there was a difference in firmware between the two. I'm pretty they are still different, but I did just re-link the controller to the aircraft and now they will connect. Still no luck getting the transmitter to update the firmware. Attached are a couple of screen shots of what I'm seeing now.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.PNG
    IMG_0161.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0162.PNG
    IMG_0162.PNG
    907.6 KB · Views: 343
I was having an issue with my Phantom 4 remote not completely charging and the remote battery running down quickly. After some research I found out it could possibly be a firmware issue and it was recommended that I back down to the previous firmware. I did that and it seemed to fix the issue with the transmitter but I was not able to get the Phantom itself to change firmware. I was doing this through the DJI Go app on my iPad. I downloaded DJI Assistant to my laptop and reloaded the most recent firmware to the Phantom and decided I would just put it back on the transmitter and now it would let me load any firmware to the transmitter. One photo is what I see on the DJI Go app and the other is from DJI Assistant. View attachment 92056 View attachment 92057 Any suggestions?
I did everything you did, except I deleted both go and go4 apps (have a p4 and p3p so I have both apps) and installed the go app for a phantom 3, opened the app on my ipad mini4 and picked phantom 3 standard on the go app, i pressed on the three bars on upper right side for about 10 seconds and it came up with rc firmware update. I chose update and firmware loaded and my rc was now solid blue and not that annoying green red that i have been pulling my hair out of my head after seeing for weeks, i figured I may be all set. I deleted the go app and redownloaded the go4 app on my ipad mini4 and the problem was still there rc came back to blinking red and green. I got fed up and hooked up my samsung galaxy 7 to the rc turned on the the rc, turned on the aircraft and a triangle came up in the overall status bar saying firmware update needed, I pressed it and firmware loaded and rc and aircraft where back. No more green or black boxes on screen where picture should be .
I wish they would just say use an android devise to update firmware, my whole reason for buying the ipad mini4 is just to fly (cant stand apple products)

I have both the quad and the remote back on the same firmware version, but now I'm back to my original problem of the transmitter battery not charging completely and discharging quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic