Phantom 4 pro

Reaction score
Hi there am new to the world of drones. I am just trying to find out if having trees and or hills effecting your line of sight will have an impact on video quality. I am wanting to use the drone to check cattle on our property the furthest it would ever be from me would be around 2.5kms. From where I would be controlling the drone is the most elevated position on the property. The property slopes away down to a creek then rises on the other side to around the same level as I would be controlling it from.

It won't effect what's being recorded on the bird. But you possibly could have some signal issue if there is very dense tree cover between you and the bird and being out a mile and a half. Your video transmission signal will tell you first as it will get glitchy and the banner up top will say Image Transmissions weak. Then usually Aircraft disconnect is next if you continue that angle or distance and altitude. More altitude usually helps with all this btw. You may be fine. Good test.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

It won't effect what's being recorded on the bird. But you possibly could have some signal issue if there is very dense tree cover between you and the bird and being out a mile and a half. Your video transmission signal will tell you first as it will get glitchy and the banner up top will say Image Transmissions weak. Then usually Aircraft disconnect is next if you continue that angle or distance and altitude. More altitude usually helps with all this btw. You may be fine. Good test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak