phantom 4 pro v2 strange movements

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I ask for something that is driving me crazy
1f642.png
I hope there is an answer ... why I can't make precise and slow maneuvers like orbit, zenitals etc etc with the phantom 4 pro v2 instead with the mavic pro 2 Yes?
settings:
Sensitivity: 45-100-30
Gain Settings: 80-80-80-100
EXP: 0.20-0.20-0.20
IMU calibration, done!

I have to always correct drone, even when I go with the two sticks forward
he suddenly turns to the right or left (yaw movement), small but annoying movements.
thank you so much

Hi everyone, I ask for something that is driving me crazy
1f642.png
I hope there is an answer ... why I can't make precise and slow maneuvers like orbit, zenitals etc etc with the phantom 4 pro v2 instead with the mavic pro 2 Yes?
settings:
Sensitivity: 45-100-30
Gain Settings: 80-80-80-100
EXP: 0.20-0.20-0.20
IMU calibration, done!

I have to always correct drone, even when I go with the two sticks forward
he suddenly turns to the right or left (yaw movement), small but annoying movements.
thank you so much
HI could try rc calibration incase your sticks bit out,under rc settings and remember to to gimble wheel cause that part of it,does it hover nice and still.......been a few posts lately with the P4Pv2 yaw drift,unsure what cause really cause most under warranty and go back for fix and never seem to find out what the cause is,,it could be...off balance props or bad motor or esc or ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been more than a few posts, the problem with instability with basic flight characteristics has been around since the Vr 2.0 was shipped back in late June 2018. As DJI has never admired to any problems, most folks who have returned a P4 Pro Vr 2.0 for these issues, are sent back a refurb, with other problems.

I have a P4 Pro Vr 2.0, that has the yawing during hover, and inability to fly in a straight line. You can re-calibrate it but it has really no effect. Problem is intermittent, will start with no warning and once starts, continues until drone is powered off. Sometimes a IMU calibration will help for 1 flight, but eventually, the same issues start up again.

During a hover, drone will yaw to the right, and requires slight left stick pressure to stay in place (important when shooting stills and longer exposures). In fact the yawing makes standard longer exposures at times impossible due to the movement and blurring.

Attempting to fly in a straight line, is at times impossible, again the drone tends to move to the right.

Sticks calibration process has no effect, IMU calibration etc.

Not wiling to return it for refurb, as the camera is centered and takes a very sharp image, so just put up with the issues. P4 Pro Obsidian, I had before the Vr 2.0 (only purchased the Vr 2.0 hoping for less noise which is not the case), was rock solid, never had any of these issues.

Paul C

Same issue here. Pretty useless bird for me under these circumstances.

we’re you able to fix it in the meantime?

No. I rarely fly the Phantom now. When I do I have to remember to keep the stick pressure to fight against the yawing.

Paul C

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20