Phantom 4 Pro V2 lateral obstacle avoidance

Reaction score
My phantom has been saved many times because of the forward and backward obstacle avoidance feature. However, in which modes do the lateral ( left and right side) sensors work? How do I activate them?

My phantom has been saved many times because of the forward and backward obstacle avoidance feature. However, in which modes do the lateral ( left and right side) sensors work? How do I activate them?
Oh dont rely on them always,front sensors or monocular cams(proper name) can be affected when flying direct into sun,not 100% safe but do work,,,side sensers
Screenshot_20210217-093637_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: gppms and lalvar40
The side sensors are only on the Phantom 4 Pro and like Ianzone said, only work in beginner and tripod mode.

I learnt the lesson yesterday. Had my P4P close to a huge cypress tree and flew sideways towards it, expecting it would stop. It crashed into it. Luckily it fell on the hedges below (drop of about 15 meters!), and zero damage. I could have lost the drone if it had fallen in a different place.

Tripod or beginners mode only for side sensors. Learned that the hard way- from 80’ up and a grabby tree...

I learnt the lesson yesterday. Had my P4P close to a huge cypress tree and flew sideways towards it, expecting it would stop. It crashed into it. Luckily it fell on the hedges below (drop of about 15 meters!), and zero damage. I could have ost the drone if it had fallen in a different place.

I learnt the lesson yesterday. Had my P4P close to a huge cypress tree and flew sideways towards it, expecting it would stop. It crashed into it. Luckily it fell on the hedges below (drop of about 15 meters!), and zero damage. I could have ost the drone if it had fallen in a different place.
It has infrared sensors that aren't on unless Tripod or beginner, but it does have cameras in addition. Those should work, correct?

It has infrared sensors that aren't on unless Tripod or beginner, but it does have cameras in addition. Those should work, correct?
The side sensors are infrared only and have no cameras.
Unless you are in Beginner Mode or Tripod Mode, your drone has no lateral obstacle avoidance.

The side sensors are infrared only and have no cameras.
Unless you are in Beginner Mode or Tripod Mode, your drone has no lateral obstacle avoidance.
My Phantom 4 Pro v2 has infrared and one camera lens on each side.

IMG_6711.JPG

I was looking at the DJI website and it doesn't list the side camera. If not a camera are both windows infrared?

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. As you can tell I don't rely on the OA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj