Phantom 4 Pro v2 Gimbal Wobble

Reaction score
So here's the scenario...

I took off and flew around a bit with the gimbal working perfectly fine. I landed the drone to turn on my strobe beacon, and took off again. That's when I noticed the following "wobble" with the gimbal. I haven't crashed it, the firmware is updated, I have calibrated the IMU and the compass, yet I still get the "wobble" every time I fly. I've checked for debris with nothing to be found. See video. Please help!

I have calibrated the IMU and the compass, yet I still get the "wobble" every time I fly. I've checked for debris with nothing to be found.
If you can supply the .txt log and the device .dat file. Maybe we can find where the issue may be. Odd that it would start this suddenly.

If you can supply the .txt log and the device .dat file. Maybe we can find where the issue may be. Odd that it would start this suddenly.
I do not have iTunes (Mac Removed it and replaced it with the Music App) so I cannot retrieve my logs that way. I'm using an iPhone and Mac.

so I cannot retrieve my logs that way.
Do you happen to have your logs synced with Airdata? If so you can share a link to that to start with.

Do you happen to have your logs synced with Airdata? If so you can share a link to that to start with.
Okay, so I just re-watched my recorded videos and after I landed the first flight, the wobble started about 10-20 seconds after I landed, before I turned off the drone. Here's the airdate link to that flight....

the wobble started about 10-20 seconds after I landed, before I turned off the drone.
Unfortunately you didn't catch the wobble. The gimbal looks fine all the way to the end. The device data files only record from motor start to motor stop, so once you stopped the motors. No more data.

Unfortunately you didn't catch the wobble. The gimbal looks fine all the way to the end. The device data files only record from motor start to motor stop, so once you stopped the motors. No more data.
Darn! I found another thread from 2017 where someone else had the same issue and it ended up being an issue with the magnet. That's all above my head.

Here's the logs from the flight that immediately followed.
This flight does show the gimbal bounce. Both on the yaw and roll. The pitch angles appear to be relatively clean. The bounce gets much worse when you apply positioning inputs, which can be expected but not this drastic. It could be as simple as a loose ribbon connector, or at worst a motor. Unfortunately with this exhibiting the effect on two of the three, I can't pinpoint which it might be. I was looking for possible signal induction, but did not see any. The .dat might be more useful in that aspect.

1575836738507.png

This flight does show the gimbal bounce. Both on the yaw and roll. The pitch angles appear to be relatively clean. The bounce gets much worse when you apply positioning inputs, which can be expected but not this drastic. It could be as simple as a loose ribbon connector, or at worst a motor. Unfortunately with this exhibiting the effect on two of the three, I can't pinpoint which it might be. I was looking for possible signal induction, but did not see any. The .dat might be more useful in that aspect.

View attachment 116098
What did you click on to see this data? I've clicked on everything and can't find that screen.

What did you click on to see this data? I've clicked on everything and can't find that screen.
It is not on that screen. It is derived from the original .txt and converted to CSV for viewing. I use CSVView to plot the data.

Similar issue here. Need to find a solution for this, DJI!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues