Phantom 4 pro v2.0 firmware update!!!

Tested the new firmware with one flight and my impression was that the yaw drifts issues was reduced but NOT removed.
I got one yaw drift a couple of minutes after take off but it never repeated during the remaining flight.
When I started moving forward after the yaw drift it was moving in another direction than the camera was facing as before, maybe 15° off or something. But when I started flying forward it moved back the camera during 5-10 seconds so it was facing forward again.
It could be luck with just this flight, I don't know yet.

I wish I could say that this was all I noticed, but sadly the Occusync update caused issues with the controller dropping control signal.
First it happened right after power up, had to reboot to solve that, the next time it happened was at the end of the flight with the P4 a couple of meters away, it said lost control but I could control it.

/hakan

following up here @herkam any more of a review on occusync 2.0 i am thinking of grabbing a 2.0 today and just really considering my options vs a m2

I have the update with occusync 2.0. I haven't done a range test, but haven't experienced the yaw or controller problems.

Would agree. Yaw drifting reduced. Mine still drifts but not all the time. Worst is after a pan with video. On a left pan at end of pan drone always tends to move back to the right after stick pressure is removed and stick is centered.

Yaw during hover is better. Still has slight movement sometimes.

Can’t speak to range improvements as I never fly out much past 1 mile. Easily got that before with clear los.

Paul C

following up here @herkam any more of a review on occusync 2.0 i am thinking of grabbing a 2.0 today and just really considering my options vs a m2

Get an M2, the V2.0 does great, but its still not as stable.

M2 images and video are not as sharp, but doesnt really matter if your Phantom wont stop moving.

Would agree. Yaw drifting reduced. Mine still drifts but not all the time. Worst is after a pan with video. On a left pan at end of pan drone always tends to move back to the right after stick pressure is removed and stick is centered.

Yaw during hover is better. Still has slight movement sometimes.

Can’t speak to range improvements as I never fly out much past 1 mile. Easily got that before with clear los.

Paul C

I never saw a yaw issue out of mine until this firmware. On my first flight out of the box I flew straight down a fenceline (got video), and hovered with the reticle focuse on one spot for five minutes with no yaw drift. Now, if i hover in one spot for long enough, it will eventually start to drift.

I dont fly the Phantom anymore because of it.

Im trying to be optimistic, but I feel like Ive got a giant piece of trash with my V2 as my V1 and Mavic 2 dont ever screw me like that.

Reactions: Paul2660
I agree it’s disappointing. MP2 hovers like a dream. No flight stability issues.

Paul C

Ive noticed with the most recent V2.0 update im getting compass errors before takeoff in places i never had them before. Ive nervously just calibrated and flown and had a good result, but Im under the impression the compass should rarely need calibration.

Ive also noticed that most of the time, the “sensors” readout in the menu for the compass is nominal and green, but still a red banner at the top reading compass error. Calibrating makes it go away, but again, this frightens me a small bit because its never been like that before. My P4P V1 got one good compass calibration on it and i only got a compass error if i was actually near interference, and id simply move til it was ready.

Ive noticed with the most recent V2.0 update im getting compass errors before takeoff in places i never had them before. Ive nervously just calibrated and flown and had a good result, but Im under the impression the compass should rarely need calibration.

Ive also noticed that most of the time, the “sensors” readout in the menu for the compass is nominal and green, but still a red banner at the top reading compass error. Calibrating makes it go away, but again, this frightens me a small bit because its never been like that before. My P4P V1 got one good compass calibration on it and i only got a compass error if i was actually near interference, and id simply move til it was ready.
Read this thread. Should clear your compass questions.

Phantom Rain : Magnetic Interference is the Phantom Killer in disguise:

No the new firmware does cause false compass errors. I get them too when I move to a new location. The Vr 2.0 had this issue when it first shipped. 1st firmware update fixed it as the errors were false. It even mentioned in the notes of the firmware by DJI. You could check the compass and see there was no interference. 2nd firmware seems to have brought it back. I just do the dance before I fly. Errors have nothing to do with magnetic interference. It appears to be a firmware issue.

Paul C

Reactions: DKG13CC
I guess I have been lucky. My P4P v2 has hovered and flown perfectly no drifts. I had to calibrate once, probably due to setting up ac inside. This is my first drone and after 60 hrs. my aerial pics are almost good enough to share.

Glad to see they got it right finally. If I had more confidence in their warranty service I would awns mine in. Curious what your build date was? Mine was May 2018. It’s on the side of main shopping box.

Glad to see they got it right finally. If I had more confidence in their warranty service I would awns mine in. Curious what your build date was? Mine was May 2018. It’s on the side of main shopping box.
Don't have the box. Any other way to find out?

Only place I know of is on main box on the sticker.

Paul C

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic