Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 camera settings walkthru question/frustrations

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am fairly new to the Phantom 4 series. I acquired a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, about 5 months ago. I have been using it primarily for mapping/orthomosaic & large scale commercial real estate jobs. It is a work horse and can tough out 35 mph gust with ease. Yes it is bulky to lug around but that is why I have M2P, M2P Dual and MP. The mavic series I use for weddings, cinematography and videography work plus when hiking, off piste skiing and the like.

I am looking for an in-depth tutorial of the camera on the P4P V2.0, within the DJI Go 4 App. I have found many, many tutorials on the best settings for a P4P, M2P, MP Mavic Mini, Mavic Air, etc.... That is not what I am am looking for. In My Opinion...There is no such thing as the perfect camera/gimbal/stick settings for any drone. Maybe, you could fathom the perfect settings tutorial for a specific drone shots or video footage but it is still subjective to so many, many issues that you really need to leave the word "Best" out of any of those titles.

I am simply looking for a detailed walkthrough of the camera & video settings for the P4P V2.0. I want to understand all the setting in the DJI Go 4 app, using the right wheel to adjust camera settings while in flight, etc... Then, hopefully I can apply this knowledge to other apps like Litchi, Dronedeploy, etc...

Thanks In Advance

Drone Scapes

I am simply looking for a detailed walkthrough of the camera & video settings for the P4P V2.0. I want to understand all the setting in the DJI Go 4 app, using the right wheel to adjust camera settings while in flight, etc...
It's not really clear what you are asking for here.
Are you wanting to know what the settings do and how to use them or just where they are and how to change them?

If it's the first, that's just basic photography applicable to any camera and there's no shortage of basic photography tutorials an the web.
If it's the second, it's all there in the camera menus.

It would be easier to answer if you have some specific questions rather than someting vague and general.

It's not really clear what you are asking for here.
Are you wanting to know what the settings do and how to use them or just where they are and how to change them?

If it's the first, that's just basic photography applicable to any camera and there's no shortage of basic photography tutorials an the web.
If it's the second, it's all there in the camera menus.

It would be easier to answer if you have some specific questions rather than someting vague and general.

The information I was looking for are specific to the P4P V2 drone and the DJI Go 4 App.

An example of one specific issue is...

I want to lock down ISO and Shutter speed, with ability to adjust aperture with the right camera dial,, while I am in the air, on mission.

So what is the setting in the DJI Go 4 App, to make this happen? It seems like this is more app/drone specific than general camera settings.

On the Mavic Pro, the right dial let you adjust the shutter. (Aperture is fixed)
On Mavic 2 Pro, the right dial is not really a dial it is more like a ratchet/toggle type switch to adjust shutter/aperture/iso
On the Phantom 4 Pro the right dial is a button and a dial and sometimes I can see on the display which adjustments I am making because it is highlighted in Blue, i.e. ISO/Shutter/Aperture/EV but other times I can not I just have to watch display to see what numbers are moving.

So I am am looking for some sort of basic camera/controller/functionality that explains, in some kind of detail, what each mode, button click, dialing process, etc... does when I am in the DJI Go 4 App. All I find on Youtube and Google are tutorials titled "The Best DJI (Insert Drone Model) Camera Setting for Cinematography" "The Best Camera Setting For Sunsets", etc...

On Mavic 2 Pro, the right dial is not really a dial it is more like a ratchet/toggle type switch to adjust shutter/aperture/iso
On the Phantom 4 Pro the right dial is a button and a dial and sometimes I can see on the display which adjustments I am making because it is highlighted in Blue, i.e. ISO/Shutter/Aperture/EV but other times I can not I just have to watch display to see what numbers are moving.
If you watch the line of camera data o your screen and push the right wheel (click, click, click), you'll see that it highlights one field in the camera data line.
And the highlight moves with each click.
To change one field, you click, click to select the field you which to change.
When it's highlighted, then turn the wheel to adjust the parameter you've chosen.

You can also set on screen through the menu.
Click the three lines icon underneath the screen shutter button and you get this:
i-g75q4XF-M.jpg

Tap or drag to select what you want.
Here I've set the camera to A = Aperture Priority
100 ISO, Aperture = f5.6 and the camera's metering has chosen an apropriate shutter speed to give good exposure.

By clicking on the camera and cog icons above, you get access to other settings.
And when you have the camera set for video, the 3-lines icon gives you access to video settings.

Reactions: drifter106
I often wander this earth feeling that I have no idea what people are talking about, but as I read your original post all I could think was that the answers to your questions are in the users manual. There is a lot of detail there and it might at least get you on your way. I agree with you that the term “best setting“ is somewhat meaningless and subjective: the users manual stays away from all of that and simply shows you what things are and where they are.

I use Cine D 4K at 30p unless I wanted to slo mo the footage, 5000K and have my toggles softened also the gimble so less jerky and I edit in Davinci 17

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the Phantom 4 series. I acquired a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, about 5 months ago. I have been using it primarily for mapping/orthomosaic & large scale commercial real estate jobs. It is a work horse and can tough out 35 mph gust with ease. Yes it is bulky to lug around but that is why I have M2P, M2P Dual and MP. The mavic series I use for weddings, cinematography and videography work plus when hiking, off piste skiing and the like.

I am looking for an in-depth tutorial of the camera on the P4P V2.0, within the DJI Go 4 App. I have found many, many tutorials on the best settings for a P4P, M2P, MP Mavic Mini, Mavic Air, etc.... That is not what I am am looking for. In My Opinion...There is no such thing as the perfect camera/gimbal/stick settings for any drone. Maybe, you could fathom the perfect settings tutorial for a specific drone shots or video footage but it is still subjective to so many, many issues that you really need to leave the word "Best" out of any of those titles.

I am simply looking for a detailed walkthrough of the camera & video settings for the P4P V2.0. I want to understand all the setting in the DJI Go 4 app, using the right wheel to adjust camera settings while in flight, etc... Then, hopefully I can apply this knowledge to other apps like Litchi, Dronedeploy, etc...

Thanks In Advance

Drone Scapes
Useful in-depth info on the P4P2 is hard to come by. This is a link to the most useful information from DJI I have found so far and I think exactly what you are looking for. DJI Drone Photo Academy: The Official & Original (teachable.com)

I purchased their masterclass on sale for around $180 and it is the best money I have spent on learning my drones so far. The walk through and explain every setting in the Phantom 4 Pro / Mavic menu among numerous other things including how to take the best photos and to process them afterwards to how to make money with your drone. It's normally an in person class that you attend but due to Covid, you can get it online now. I have enjoyed it so much It's very possible that I will attend in person when we're able to do that again, so that I can ask lots of questions.

I have the P4P2 and the channel selection menus (among a few others) are slightly different from the P4P that they use in the videos in this course, and some clarification of a few things would be nice.

Donnie

I often wander this earth feeling that I have no idea what people are talking about, but as I read your original post all I could think was that the answers to your questions are in the users manual. There is a lot of detail there and it might at least get you on your way. I agree with you that the term “best setting“ is somewhat meaningless and subjective: the users manual stays away from all of that and simply shows you what things are and where they are.
Tony... shush

Bought it used, never had the manuals but I guess I could download them. Usually, there are almost always very specific, real world example videos on YouTube. This time, however, all I could find was what I had mentioned about best settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31