Phantom 4 Pro RTH

I don't think that it's prudent to just arbitrarily set the RTH to 40 Meters. Where I live in New Hampshire, there are many trees taller than that. The tallest tree in the state is 50 Meters. Mine is set at 60 Meters, and so far it has always come home to Papa!

I have to apologize, as it seems I erred regarding the P4P's RTH behavior. I conducted some experiments at home and it seems the new DJI offerings do not behave like my old Phantom 1 used to. While my P1 used to maintain the highest altitude of a given flight, and RTH at that altitude, it seems the more modern offerings no longer behave in that manner. And I don't know why. I simply assumed that RTH behavior hadn't changed across models. I am researching this further.

So to clarify, your P4P will RTH at either the set altitude or your present altitude, whichever is higher. It will NOT reset RTH to the highest altitude of a given flight.

D

I have to apologize, as it seems I erred regarding the P4P's RTH behavior. I conducted some experiments at home and it seems the new DJI offerings do not behave like my old Phantom 1 used to. While my P1 used to maintain the highest altitude of a given flight, and RTH at that altitude, it seems the more modern offerings no longer behave in that manner. And I don't know why. I simply assumed that RTH behavior hadn't changed across models. I am researching this further.

So to clarify, your P4P will RTH at either the set altitude or your present altitude, whichever is higher. It will NOT reset RTH to the highest altitude of a given flight.

D
Thanks for the clarification @Harleydude., that's what I thought. What you describe, is exactly how my P4P behaves...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4