Phantom 4 Pro Plus Controller won't charge

Reaction score
Whenever I plug my controller in the status lights start flashing but seems to never go past the second status light before shutting off. Any ideas? Drone Nerds told me that I need to send in my controller & drone for them to fix it.

Whenever I plug my controller in the status lights start flashing but seems to never go past the second status light before shutting off. Any ideas? Drone Nerds told me that I need to send in my controller & drone for them to fix it.

Many have the same issue, rarely it's the battery. In my case there is a component on the main board of the controller which when heated up with a heat gun, it will partially cure this issue. There are videos online,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

showing the process. I have heated, the videos call it re-flowing, my controller multiple times but the controller would eventually revert back and would only charger to 76%, but even that charge would only last 4 batteries flying time. I've read that some have sent their out of warranty controllers back to DJI and they get it repaired for $90. I finally sent mine back a few weeks ago, coming back to me tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll get my controller back or a refurbished one. The repair says battery replaced, we'll see. I'll update when I get it back

Reactions: Billmh12
Do a DJI repair ticket. Seems to work out best and only need the remote.

Yeah!! It happened to me....have to send back both the aircraft and the controller

Reactions: Capt KO
Many have the same issue, rarely it's the battery. In my case there is a component on the main board of the controller which when heated up with a heat gun, it will partially cure this issue. There are videos online,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

showing the process. I have heated, the videos call it re-flowing, my controller multiple times but the controller would eventually revert back and would only charger to 76%, but even that charge would only last 4 batteries flying time. I've read that some have sent their out of warranty controllers back to DJI and they get it repaired for $90. I finally sent mine back a few weeks ago, coming back to me tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll get my controller back or a refurbished one. The repair says battery replaced, we'll see. I'll update when I get it back

Just got my controller back from DJI, it's brand new, for $90 repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31