phantom 4 pro - phantom 4 pro V 2 repair advice

Hi, I am looking for spares now to buy from Aliexpress or Ebay. Also I have a local suplier here in my country who takes peices from damaged drones and he told me that for my model (phantom 4 pro) there are 3 versions for propeller motors. Is this true ? I send him pictures with my motors and he told me my drone has the most expensive motor version which are also on phantom 4 pro V2. If this is true, how can I tell which propeller motor is the one I need for my drone?
I see that the official list of prices from DJI web site tels that Phantom 4 2312S Motor is the spare for all the modells: P4, P4PRO, P4PRO Advanced and P4ProV2

Reactions: Droneted
boy that is news to me. Me thinks he lies. The motors on the Phantom 4 and the phantom 4 pro are the same. so is the V2.0
I could be wrong but I have replaced hundreds of them over the years. Now the yaw motor is a little different but only the drum. there were 2 versions. the actual yaw motor windings are the same and interchangable

Reactions: MTO
boy that is news to me. Me thinks he lies. The motors on the Phantom 4 and the phantom 4 pro are the same. so is the V2.0
I could be wrong but I have replaced hundreds of them over the years. Now the yaw motor is a little different but only the drum. there were 2 versions. the actual yaw motor windings are the same and interchangable
Thank your for your answer, indeed I think he told me this in order to charge more for the motors, because 1 month ago I asked him the price and it was half than what he is asking now.

Reactions: MTO
Hi, I am writing here hoping that someone who has experience repairing phantom drones could give me an advice:

I had crashed a phantom 4 pro drone and it is quite damaged:

- one of the drone arm bent so at least the upper shell should be replaced
- both skid landing suports are broken and dettatched from the drone so new replacement for the landing suport is necesary
- camera rippen of and dettatched from the drone so yaw arm replacement and wire replacement necesary
- one of the proppeller motors is stuck (cannot be freely spin by hand more than 1 or 2 degree angle) so new motor for replacemet needed

In order to save the situation, I found on sale another damaged drone this time a phantom 4 pro V2 drone wich has no camera (was rippen of during the impact with a building and coudn`t be found). This drone has the landing suports in good shape, the shell is not bent, and look as a good one to put the camera from my phantom 4 pro drone and to have a good functioning drone.

The only concern with the phantom 4 pro V2 drone is that at start it shows ESC error instead GPS signal ok
Also, when you try to start it, only 2 of the 4 motors spin and on the display shows the error: " Takeoff error. Check the motors and propellers"
You can see a videoclip with tis phantom 4 pro V 2 here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can I take parts from my phantom 4 pro and replace on phantom 4 pro V2 to make a good fliyng drone ? I mean propeller motors, the camera. Are these spares compatible between these 2 drones ? (I know that the remote controls are not interchangable, but this is not an isue as the seller stil has the remote controll)

I attached photos with my phantom 4 pro damaged drone

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Hi, I hope you're ok.!. About your query for the experience I have in the repair of the Phantom, the motors should be compatible, at least the Phantom, Phantom 4 and Phantom 4Pro versions are the same motors, all motors are the same there are no motors with right turn or left, the difference in spin is given by the spin controller cards for each arm of the drone. I recommend that you change the shells that are bent as that will influence the aerodynamics of the drone in flight. On the swing arm it is not difficult to change, if you must respect the original motors of your camera, hopefully they are not damaged by the impact, since each motor has built-in sensors that control the movements of the motor and are calibrated with the controller card located in the Gimbal. Changing the Flex of the camera is not difficult but you must handle it very carefully when making the doubles of the tape and make sure where the doubles are going to be done since if you correct where you made the doubles, the tracks of the tape may be cut. You can be guided by videos on YouTube where all these types of repairs are carried out, having the tools and the skill you can do the repair yourself. DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR THE BLOCKED MOTOR (S). !! .. just change them, spare no expense. Since you have two drones to be able to take parts out, I suggest you compare the motor control cards, they should be the same, but you better make sure they are. The errors that the App throws at you are due to defects in the motors due to the impact, possibly some cables were unsoldered or the motors are mechanically locked. Make the changes and test how it responds later. The camera is the most delicate thing to repair so I already told you about the sensors of the motors. I hope everything goes well with the repair. Luck.

Hi and thank you for reply mr. Jorge Vergara L. Finaly good news, I managed with the help of a friend who is keen in devices repair to put one of the 2 drones to fly. We had to do a lot of work changing the flex cable, the yaw motor and the landing gear. On the yaw motor we had to change the magnet casing ring from the original damaged yaw motor, thanks to the mr. Droneted very usefull clip on youtube. Thanks again.

For the moment we try to repair the second drone phantom 4 pro V2 which we put all pieces together, but it still doesn`t work properly due to the famous now "limp gimbal" sindrome. We try all we could: clean the flex cable contacts , IMU calibration, restore to factory settings, restart the drone, but nothing seem to work. We are now stuck, waiting for someone who find a solution for this to post it on forums. Also we try to downgrade the firmware, but it got stopped when gimbal flashing, about 62 %.

If anyone have experienced this "limp gimbal" problem, please let me know if there is any solution to repair it.
Thank you very much

I am very happy for the decision made and that they have been able to repair the Phantom Drone. Regarding the Phantom 4Pro V.2, you say that you get an error message that says "Gimbal Flaccid" ..? .. that throws you the message in the App.? ... what is the symptom in the Gimbal physically ..? ... What does it do ..?… when starting the drone, the Gimbal makes the previous movements ..? .. or does nothing and remains static ..?… you have a camera image ..?… .I have had it fails twice In the Gimbal, one was because it did not recognize the Micro SD, I changed it and the problem was solved (nor did it have an image), and in the second case the Gimbal did not move at all even when starting the drone, I reconnected all the points of the cable flex (Camera, ESC control card and on the controller card inside the drone at the base of the Gimbal and solve the problem. You changed the Flex cable of the Gimbal.?. Maybe that's where the problem lies, another option would be to exchange the complete Gimbal with another drone and see if the fault is maintained in the Gimbal ... or this fault is maintained in the drone, it is a way to discard the point of failure, as well í you can better direct your efforts to repair the drone. Good luck! 🍀👍

Hi again, and thank you for your answer

indeed, "limp gimbal" could be "Gimbal Flaccid" but no such error displayed on the app screen. Instead we have 2 error messages saying "roll motor error" and "pan motor error" > contact dji support. The gymbal symptoms are that at start it makes the standard normal movements of the camera - up and down, but after that imediatly the camera falls face down in the famous now "limp gimbal" position. At this moment, no camera control coud be done from remote control sticks. Thou, the live image from camera is feed onto the app, we can record and take pictures as normaly, but the camera is inert, faced down. The drone could be fly in the sky, even with this limp gimbal issue.

As you ask, we did not change the flex cable, as the drone was in good working condition and this limp gimbal problem strike overhight, apparently without any known reason. In the evening we fly the drone normaly, perfectly functioning, I landed it in the grass and changed the batery and at the restart moment we saw the camera struggling up and down being blocked by the grass. I fly it again filming a few minutes good working perfectly functioning, I landed it again in the grass, shut down the drone and put it in its box. The next day, my friend tryed to fly the drone but imediatly at start it shows this "limp gimbal" issue. So for not obvious reasons this "limp gimbal issue appeared overnight on our phantom 4 pro V2 drone. I saw a lot of P4Pro users complaining about this weird phenomenon on the forums and youtube.

In order to solve this we try all that we could: factory settings reset, firmware update / refresh, numerous restarts, firmware downgrade on "nolimitdronez.com" which didn`t work becouse it was stuck on "flashing gymbal" procedure. We try also numerous IMU calibration with the drone resting on its motors and what not.

As you ask, we swap the whole gymbal from a Phantom P4 PRo V1 on this Phantom P4 PRo V2 and now is working perfecly, so we concluded that the issue is from the gymbal itself, not the entire drone.

At this moment we start to ask if this could be also from software of the drone or is it only hardware isue !? We are in deep doubt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic