Phantom 4 Pro, on lift off, not saying" Home point recorded Please check it on the map"

My Phantom 4 Pro, on taking off, no longer says "Home point recorded. Please check it on the map" Can't see anywhere in settings to explain this.
Turn up the volume on your tablet??
Or it could be that the app doesn't play the message sometimes if several things are being processed at the same time.
Even if you don't hear the confirmation, if your Phantom has GPS, it has recorded a homepoint which it automatically records as soon as it gets a good GPS location fix.
You can confirm this by checking the distance indicator at the bottom of your screen.
Before you get a good GPS fix, it shows NA (not available).
When you get GPS, it changes to display the distance from the home point.

And if you ever launch prematurely, you will still have a homepoint recorded as soon as the Phantom gets a GPS fix and that's likely to be quite close to the launch point.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Turn up the volume on your tablet??
Or it could be that the app doesn't play the message sometimes if several things are being processed at the same time.
Even if you don't hear the confirmation, if your Phantom has GPS, it has recorded a homepoint which it automatically records as soon as it gets a good GPS location fix.
You can confirm this by checking the distance indicator at the bottom of your screen.
Before you get a good GPS fix, it shows NA (not available).
When you get GPS, it changes to display the distance from the home point.

And if you ever launch prematurely, you will still have a homepoint recorded as soon as the Phantom gets a GPS fix and that's likely to be quite close to the launch point.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using DJI Go 4 on a DJI Crystalsky monitor. I will see if the sound is loud when it gives messages using Litchi.
I will come back after another flight.
Again thanks.

I've noticed the message still happens, but takes much longer than it used to. Try delaying your takeoff for a minute or more.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using DJI Go 4 on a DJI Crystalsky monitor. I will see if the sound is loud when it gives messages using Litchi.
I will come back after another flight.
Again thanks.
I don't get the message using Litchi but I can see the HP on the screen

I make sure that I have a minimum of 9 GPS Satellites connected before I lift off. If I have not heard the "Home Point" announcement, I slide my screen from right to left. That allows you to set the home point manually, along with brightness....etc. Great short cut, I hope it works for you. (using DJI Go 4)

Reactions: mrkeb
My Phantom 4 Pro, on taking off, no longer says "Home point recorded. Please check it on the map" Can't see anywhere in settings to explain this.
I took off today in Sport Mode, didn't even think about not hearing the Home Point Recorded... until I hit return to home and I realized I was not in GPS mode with no location to return to... Instead I had to rely on the camera
to determine where the nose of the aircraft was pointing. Make sure your in "P" mode and not in Sport or ATTI mode.

I took off today in Sport Mode, didn't even think about not hearing the Home Point Recorded... until I hit return to home and I realized I was not in GPS mode with no location to return to... Instead I had to rely on the camera
to determine where the nose of the aircraft was pointing. Make sure your in "P" mode and not in Sport or ATTI mode.

I didn't realize the aircraft didn't still record homepoint etc even when flying in F mode. I don't have a P4 so it could be different.

Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: Hounddog
I have the same problem with my P4PV2. The RTH icon also is grayed out. I just hope if a get a connection failure or a battery issue it will return to home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic