Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian rocks! Relatively new to drones.

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

Allow me to first begin by saying that I am a newly registered Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian owner. My introduction to drones began only a couple of months ago when I was gifted a DJI Spark. Prior to that point, I had never owned nor piloted any drone of any sort. Needless to say, I was immediately enamored with the hobby. I have since purchased a DJI Mavic Pro and only yesterday did I receive my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian!!!! I was totally stoked when the FedEx guy dropped it off.

Admittedly, I don't have the tenure of experience that most everyone else on here does with respect to my working with drones. But I do have an extensive background in photography and can recognize and appreciate good imagery when I see it. I have been very pleased with the images/video I was getting from my DJI Spark. Then I started using the Mavic Pro and loved the video quality I was getting even moreso. Both of which I found to be more than suitable for most every need I would have.

Then I did some initial videos and images with the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. Really? Maybe it was just me or the placebo effect kicking in? But I just thought the image quality and video quality I was getting was on an entirely different level. This thing - to me - is amazing!!

The only bummer......it only came with the one battery. Major downer. I've heard/read where the non-Obsidian P4P batteries will work. Is this true? Definitely need to order a few Obsidian batteries as the DJI site says they won't ship until 15-20 days.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded intro thread. Glad to be a part of and hope to be a contributing member of this community.

Last edited:
Greetings everyone,

Allow me to first begin by saying that I am a newly registered Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian owner. My introduction to drones began only a couple of months ago when I was gifted a DJI Spark. Prior to that point, I had never owned nor piloted any drone of any sort. Needless to say, I was immediately enamored with the hobby. I have since purchased a DJI Mavic Pro and only yesterday did I receive my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian!!!! I was totally stoked when the FedEx guy dropped it off.

Admittedly, I don't have the tenure of experience that most everyone else on here does with respect to my working with drones. But I do have an extensive background in photography and can recognize and appreciate good imagery when I see it. I have been very pleased with the images/video I was getting from my DJI Spark. Then I started using the Mavic Pro and loved the video quality I was getting even moreso. Both of which I found to be more than suitable for most every need I would have.

Then I did some initial videos and images with the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. Really? Maybe it was just me or the placebo effect kicking in? But I just thought the image quality and video quality I was getting was on an entirely different level. This thing - to me - is amazing!!

The only bummer......it only came with the one battery. Major downer. I've heard/read where the non-Obsidian P4P batteries will work. Is this true? Definitely need to order a few Obsidian batteries as the DJI site says they won't ship until 15-20 days.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded intro thread. Glad to be a part of and hope to be a contributing member of this community.
I was told that they will be available Friday @Advexure. My P4PO that I ordered from them will be delivered Friday and when I asked about availability of Obsidian batteries they said they are expecting them in Friday. They show out of stock now but if you keep an eye on it I think that will change soon. Here is a link to look: DJI Phantom 4 Obsidian Edition High Capacity Battery | Advexure

Reactions: Advexure
I was told that they will be available Friday @Advexure. My P4Po that I ordered from them will be delivered Friday and when I asked about availability of Obsidian batteries they said they are expecting them in Friday. They show out of stock now but if you keep an eye on it I think that will change soon. Here is a link to look: DJI Phantom 4 Obsidian Edition High Capacity Battery | Advexure

Yes, availability tomorrow for the time being, otherwise plenty more next week. Obsidians also are in limited stock for the time being as well.

I was told that they will be available Friday @Advexure. My P4Po that I ordered from them will be delivered Friday and when I asked about availability of Obsidian batteries they said they are expecting them in Friday
I spoke (via email) with Mike over at @Advexure. Wow, what amazing service this company provides. I had initially sent a message to them via their website and got an almost immediate response. Mike even followed up by telling me that they would be having Obsidian batteries in and that I could place my order. Which I immediately did. He followed up with me again via email telling me that my order was received/confirmed and that the batteries would ship out tomorrow (Friday). GREAT service from this company!!!!!

I spoke (via email) with Mike over at @Advexure. Wow, what amazing service this company provides. I had initially sent a message to them via their website and got an almost immediate response. Mike even followed up by telling me that they would be having Obsidian batteries in and that I could place my order. Which I immediately did. He followed up with me again via email telling me that my order was received/confirmed and that the batteries would ship out tomorrow (Friday). GREAT service from this company!!!!!

Glad we could assist and thank you for the kind remarks and feedback. All the best to you. :)

Well done on your new Obsidian, I have had mine on order for almost a month (in Australia) and today we get an email that there’s will be a delay? A problem with paint quality in the gimbal area? So say DJI, anyone else had this problem or delay in supply?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers