Phantom 4 Pro losing GPS signal, have satellites but no signal

Reaction score
Guys, check out this video I made of the problem. I know this was done in front of a cell tower, at the time of the filming of this video, I suspected the cell tower was the problem. But now, I am inclined to believe it's not. Others who are using the same drone to fly same towers are not having this issues at all. I have seen the same issue in every other environment I've flown (middle of no where).

I think I may have a defect in the shielding or something that could have allowed the RF from a tower to harm the drone. Either way, it's going back to DJI under warranty claim. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guys, check out this video I made of the problem. I know this was done in front of a cell tower, at the time of the filming of this video, I suspected the cell tower was the problem. But now, I am inclined to believe it's not. Others who are using the same drone to fly same towers are not having this issues at all. I have seen the same issue in every other environment I've flown (middle of no where).

I think I may have a defect in the shielding or something that could have allowed the RF from a tower to harm the drone. Either way, it's going back to DJI under warranty claim. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.

The problem is not with the drone, that is acting perfectly as to the magnetic Field.

What I call the True Magnetic Field will knock out the GPS mode and put it into atti mode and that is exactly what is happening.

So sending the drone back is not the answer, as you may do even worse on the next one.

I made this video showing how a real Magnetic field effects the drone and you can see the error message that I get as it kicks me out of GPS and into atti mode .

So the question is what you can you do.

We had a few clients that have Doubled up the Phantom Rain Wet Suit to try and protect the drone but I am not sure of the results , I would think it would not be enough to make a real difference but than again , you just need a few more feet.

Something to consider not as FIX but it will most likely get you a little closer to the tower before the Magnetic Field is to strong and knocks you out again.

Here is the Video I made showing exactly what is happening with your drone, it is a Demonstration . for some reason people kept asking why would I do that ? UGH

Im using the 509 firmware so the error message is more clear.
Watch how fast that Flash Error Message comes up:

Compass Error : Exit GPS mode

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.11.49 AM.png

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31