Phantom 4 Pro Flex cable

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 Pro, that crashed some days ago.

The gimbal yaw was damaged, flex cable was broken, and landing gears was broken too.

I opened the gimbal to remove the flex cable to try to replace (or even fix this cable).

The problem is that I don't found the Flex Cable for P4P anywhere (tried on Ebay, Aliexpress, and several Chinese sites).

Somebody on this forum or another forum (I don't remember now where) said that the Phantom 4 Flex cable is different from Phantom 4 Pro Flex Cable.
But now, I removed the entire cable from my P4P and compared pictures from my cable with Phantom 4 (standard) cable, and looking at the pictures, to me, appears to be the same.

I'm attaching a photo from my cable
flex.jpg

So, the P4 cable is compatible with P4P?

Here is the another piece of gimbal that was broken
751b0ae5-8545-4f59-9def-d31c3558e0fd

yaw.jpg

I think I spoted the difference between the cables :(
diferenças.jpg

the type of connector on the cable...
I have counted the traces on a P4 cable (using high resolutions images from internet) and on my P4P cable... it's exactly the same.
the only thing that changed is the connector on the end of cable.

I don't know.
I don't have any P4 cable available here right now.

I have two alternatives, however, I do not know yet which to do:

- Repair the P4P cable (with a lot of patience)... something like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

- Buy a P4 cable, and using a heat gun, try to remove the P4P connector and adapt on a P4 flex cable (it's possible? I don't known... but this option seems to be much more difficult)

I have a Phantom 4 Pro, that crashed some days ago.

The gimbal yaw was damaged, flex cable was broken, and landing gears was broken too.

I opened the gimbal to remove the flex cable to try to replace (or even fix this cable).

The problem is that I don't found the Flex Cable for P4P anywhere (tried on Ebay, Aliexpress, and several Chinese sites).

Somebody on this forum or another forum (I don't remember now where) said that the Phantom 4 Flex cable is different from Phantom 4 Pro Flex Cable.
But now, I removed the entire cable from my P4P and compared pictures from my cable with Phantom 4 (standard) cable, and looking at the pictures, to me, appears to be the same.

I'm attaching a photo from my cable
View attachment 80360

So, the P4 cable is compatible with P4P?

Here is the another piece of gimbal that was broken
751b0ae5-8545-4f59-9def-d31c3558e0fd

View attachment 80361
Hey
I have a bunch of stocks for P4Pro cables
Poke me on my WhatsApp number 9980818660

I think the chance of getting a good fix on the ribbon cable is pretty small and you probably would not want to be in the air and some distance away and then lose your video feed or worse, cause a short that shuts the thing down causing a crash. DJI is probably the only source at this point so I'd suggest calling them. Sucks, but you do NOT want to crash a $1500 USD drone if you can help it...

Were you able to find parts for the gimbal parts that broke?

Brian

Just for my info. Are you thinking that this yaw arm is made by DJI??

I'm pretty sure it's not made by DJI, but the end product is good. It's only aluminium.

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_203142.jpg
    IMG_20170620_203142.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20170620_203201.jpg
    IMG_20170620_203201.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_20170620_203231.jpg
    IMG_20170620_203231.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_20170620_203247.jpg
    IMG_20170620_203247.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 488
not tested yet! i just received the cable last week (postal service here it's pretty slow), I will try on the next weekend only (no time to do the repair on weekdays)

Thanks. May be repairing one myself, so I'm hunting for info. Picked one up that was crashed just to test my abilities.

Thanks. May be repairing one myself, so I'm hunting for info. Picked one up that was crashed just to test my abilities.
Starz...PM me if you need extra parts. I just ordered a new camera gimbal assembly because I can't locate a yaw motor...I drilled right through my yaw motor. All the other parts are intact and disassembled. So if you plan to experiment and run into trouble finding what you need, hit me up.

Attachments

• Yaw Arm Repair2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,064
This weekend I tried to repair my P4P.
Changed landing gears, yaw, and flex cable!

Tested all sensors from the landing gears, and everything seens working correctly
I got video signal too, so, apparently, the cable is OK. Sometimes I got some bad video reception, but I believe it's because some interference (the DJI app show me a warning about strong interference)
But I think some motor of gimbal is damaged, because the gimbal become a little crazy..
so now, I need a new motor for the gimbal... :(

Tested all sensors from the landing gears, and everything seens working correctly
I got video signal too, so, apparently, the cable is OK. Sometimes I got some bad video reception, but I believe it's because some interference (the DJI app show me a warning about strong interference)
But I think some motor of gimbal is damaged, because the gimbal become a little crazy..
Damaged motor is likely the cause of your interference.

Nate

Nice, I'm after same parts only for a P4 Advanced, so they would be identical to those on the P4 Pro model?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers