phantom 4 pro fell from sky

Reaction score
HI team.

I was flying without issue when there was a slight and quick "grinding noise" and my drone simply fell out of the sky as I watched.

it is over 1 year old and I am the second owner. do I have any options?

its a wreck pure and simple. only the circuit boards might have really survived.

CC

Not many, but you can try to submit a claim with DJI, can't hurt.

You should upload the flight log to airdata or phantomhelp to get some idea (hopefully) of what went wrong. It’s just out of warranty it doesn’t hurt to have a go for warranty if hardware/software failure is evident.

Sorry to hear that buddy. How high was it when you heard that noise. Also being a second owner, did the first owner crash it resulting in a dodgy motor without telling you?

Open a service ticket with DJI. I crashed hard and thought it was totaled. They fixed it for about $230.

Reactions: Neon Euc
so as an update as the drone was 4 weeks past 1 year warranty DJI do not / will not do anything else - even will not conduct a analysis.
I have the flight data - jumped through all the hoops and then nothing.
I'm very disappointed and feel that in this way are really letting us and themselves down. How can I trust another purchase when I know that something failed that was not a pilot error. Just as a damage list

shell
motors
landing gear is fine (wow!)
camera broken off
will still power on
uncertain as to cameras functionality
electronics may well be OK.

I would even send it back for a discount on another one - but my faith is shaken fairly badly.

"We regret to inform you that your Phantom 4 Pro has been activated since 02/01/2017 and has long passed the warranty period as such we unfortunately cannot provide any further assistance with this case as per our after-sales policy " Crash occurred on the 8/2/2018

If I thought I could get a 400 dollar repair id do it...but the camera condition is the big unknown here.

Thoughts?

Def don't send it back. Best thing to do is get the parts yourself. However I am shocked as I had more damage then you and yet got charged just £90 and even then it wasn't under warranty. I even got my drone swapped as the serial numbers on everything was different.

What I would do is head to aliexpress and get the parts yourself. Should be no more then $80 to buy all the parts. Then its just fitting it. You have YouTube as guides or perhaps a local flyer can help you. You always have us to guide you buddy

This is just a sample of aliexpress what they sell mate
1519128875271.png

I have seen quite a few posts of p4p falling out of the sky.

I am adding my name to the list of Phantom Pilots that have had them fall out of the sky. I was flying my Phantom 4 Advanced today. Battery level was at 93%. I had the green Ready to Go GPS message. I started the motors and quickly popped it up to thirty feet. I let go of the sticks momentarily to look at my screen and it fell straight down, breaking the landing legs. All of the props were still mounted, the battery was still in the compartment and on. Go figure.......... Fortunately I bought DJI Care Refresh.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl