Phantom 4 operators manual

Reaction score
Is there a Phantom 4 operators manual that can be downloaded?

DJI has not posted the manual yet.

You don't need to include the manual. In your request, add the P3 and P4 -- and, then include the P3 manual.

Thanks Mike, I can just include the P3 manual? I am following this URL: http://skyviewaerialsolutions.com/section-333-exemption-guide-templates/

In the template, in Appendix 1, it says to include a picture and the drone's manual as a "flight manual". I also saw a Youtube video that said to add all the ones you think you would be flying in order to avoid submitting further 333 exemptions. While I don't own an Inspire 1 or a Yuneec Q500, I added them - heck I added almost the entire DJI line! :) Anyway, I do need to submit those manuals though? If I can't find them, do I just leave them out?

You're not required to submit the manual. The only things you're required to submit are the items listed in #3 here.

Here is a preliminary copy of the P4 Manual. Still being edited, but has all the new stuff in it.

Attachments

• Phantom 4 User Manual.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 3,967
Hey folks just got my new Phantom 4 and we are having difficulties getting the transmitter connecting properly with the drone,
The joy sticks appear to not be communicating with my drone. My son and I loaded all the firmware on my iPad Air and then took it out to do a couple pre flight checks. What we found was that the joysticks didn't connect with the drone.
For example, we tried to get it to activate and nothing happened until he hit the hover mode which I believe it worked as it activated the motors at a lower rpm. I then told him to throttle it up and when he did it throttled up at full rpm. Problem is we couldn't get it to shut off. We were at full throttle for 5 minutes until the Dji tech instructed us to do something....son can't recall what it was. Thankfully I had a firm grip on it or it would have been down on the Vegas strip!
Just wondering if any of you are having the same issues.....I'm sure there are other issues if we actually fly it. Any advice would be great.
We are new at this so we are newbies... THANKS ALL,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hope, I have understood the Q.
There is a manual in DGI GO app, right top corner 'University' section
Phantom 4 manual v1.2
Cant find it on the web though.

The current manual for the P4 does not have routine and periodic maintenance checklists. When will DJI provide this critical information?

stewball5, DJI has never released such a checklist. Phantoms are pretty maintenance-free, but it would be helpful to have such a checklist for those people who are putting a ton of hours on their Phantoms.

It will be nice to have a basic maintenance list.
The only advice I received was from a veteran on drones, that told me:
Change the motors at 150 hours.

Lots of luck finding one. Even if you find a sight claiming downloads for 64 page manuals, you can't. Or at least I could not. Very frustrating that DJI can't release a manual but certainly are quick to stop production of the 4. I should have sent back my drone along with the DOA battery.

It will be nice to have a basic maintenance list.
The only advice I received was from a veteran on drones, that told me:
Change the motors at 150 hours.

Motors can potentially last 2-4x that. It all depends on the bearings. Use post flight temp comparison to judge health against each other. They should all be similar. No need for exotic tools... fingers work just fine.

Reactions: Norval

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers