Phantom 4 new battery clip/mod

Yes they are 2S batteries and I run them in series. Total they only weigh 391 grams. I should get some good run time.

Last edited:
Yes they are 2S batteries and I run them in series. Total they only weigh 391 grams. I should get some good run time.
Ok gotcha, but its still only running 4000mah for both packs compared to running 2 4s 4000mah which would give you 8000 extra mah. Have you looked at running a higher mah 2s?

Ok gotcha, but its still only running 4000mah for both packs compared to running 2 4s 4000mah which would give you 8000 extra mah. Have you looked at running a higher mah 2s?
Yes but the weight goes up fast the higher you go I was just trying to save weight. I've got a pair of 4s 2200 as well as a pair of 4s 3400 that I'm going to try out. We just have to find the balance between weight and run time.

Last edited:
It's called the skin effect. Being they're flat and wide I'd say they can probably handle the current.
Skin effect doesn't really come into play here. Despite what the manufacturers of ridiculously expensive speaker wire tell you, skin effect primarily comes into play with high voltage and with RF.

Can the conductor in question safely handle the current required of it? Easy enough to find out... Measure the voltage drop across it... Because the conductor is short there shouldn't be more than a few millivolts of drop across it.

Using an ohmmeter to measure the resistance of the conductor probably wouldn't work, as the resistance being measured is so low that the resistance of the test leads will affect measurement accuracy. A four-wire resistance measurement would do it, but that's probably a bit much for anyone who doesn't have access to a well-equipped electronics test bench.

[ Steps off soapbox now]

Cheers,
rc

Last edited:
655 grams both battery's weighed together ,if you look at my other flights they are long distance 3.4 miles each way . First 2 pics with battery mod , second 2 pics with standard battery only , zoom in for the date in screen
It's just my opinion but that is just too much added weight to get any good runtimes. You need to trim some fat off that if you can and I bet your times will come up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart