phantom 4 motors making noise

Reaction score
2 motors are making a slight growling sound. Its not the props. Ive check out thoses videos and mine dont make that sound. And ive pulled up the springs to ensure that isnt the problem.

Top left and bottom left motors are affected. The one on the top is a little easies to hear. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

I had one that growled. It stopped while in the air. Dropped 10 feet go the ground. Lucky gor me it was undamaged. My advise is change them now. Motors are pretty cheap.

Check post-flight temps.
Failing bearings will create drag/friction resulting in elevated temps as compared to its peers. Otherwise your OK.
Motors don't wear-out with general use typically.

How many h do you have in the air with that craft? Sooner or later the bearings will wear out.

This might be a fix for your problem :)

Reactions: editbrain
Thank you sir! Your prop mount tune up tips certainly helped the prop noise and security "feel" on my P4. I still have one motor that is noisier and has a more "notchy"
feel to it when spun, (eventual replacement inevitable I'm thinking), but over all, the screw tightening and spring adjustments certainly seem to have made a difference to both motor/rotor noise when hand spun and tighter more secure feel to the props when mounted.

Reactions: See Norway
I had one that growled. It stopped while in the air. Dropped 10 feet go the ground. Lucky gor me it was undamaged. My advise is change them now. Motors are pretty cheap.
Motors maye be cheap, but soldering them is the hard part? Does anyone know how much DJI charges to get motors replaced?

I must confess that I've not yet replaced the motors on my P4. (I'm waiting to get a Second hand P4 Pro at the right price, before taking my P4 out of service for this and other maintenance!)
But below is a link to a Youtube video from someone who has stripped his P4 and soldered in new motors. If you're at all handy, this operation will not present a great challenge.
The video is fairly long winded and the actual soldering of the motors is about 3/4 into the presentation but it's worth a look if you're contemplating this work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20