Phantom 4 malfunction and loss

fly away....or Yuneec's Phantom 4 anti-marketing/negative publicity campaign? :)

Yuneec doesn't really need to do that, their H is $100 less than the P4 and in some ways has more features. I'm very curious to see how well it functions with the features it has. Might end up buying one. Don't get me wrong though I love my Phantoms.

Would be nice to have someone who knows see the data as it could save others the same loss you had and also give you a the reason your P4 is gone! We all know you want to be part of the group or you would not have joined it! My understanding is the point of a group is to share info and help each other. No need to try and make people stress there $1400 investment flying off for no reason if yours flew off due to pilot error or even worse it didn't fly off at all or maybe you never had one to begin with! Just my thoughts. If you did loose your bird sorry for you loss and use the knowledge ahere to figure out why

Reactions: curiosity
To refresh your memory ... here's what the GO app records:
Stick inputs and telemetry etc is all there.
i-bzZf6cX-L.png
Now that you mentioned it... [emoji5] Thanks.

I'm still not buying it. Until the guy offers some type of proof by way of log or screen capture, I don't believe it. The guy just joins, posts about a flyaway and then disappears. I can be proved wrong, but I don't believe it happened.

I agree - his description doesn't make much sense, but this is a brand new aircraft. Who knows what weird problems and bugs we're going to discover? He's been here a year. He hasn't posted much, but there's no indication he's a troll of some sort.

Reactions: PaulJohn
I agree - his description doesn't make much sense, but this is a brand new aircraft. Who knows what weird problems and bugs we're going to discover? He's been here a year. He hasn't posted much, but there's no indication he's a troll of some sort.
I will send the log today.. Last night i was still hoping i found it.. It is not a troll i really lost it.. For those that say pilot error, why did GPS just turned off in a clear sky?.. Why it did not respond to my commands?, why i lost video 3 min. Later? Why when i tried return to home several times it said Failed? Im at work, i already received and return the usage questionnaire that DJI customer service sent me, im waiting on a response which customer service said it can take 3 weeks. They also had me send in the proof of purchase, which it was from the Apple store.

I'm still not buying it. Until the guy offers some type of proof by way of log or screen capture, I don't believe it. The guy just joins, posts about a flyaway and then disappears. I can be proved wrong, but I don't believe it happened.
FWIW, the member who started this thread has been a member longer than you. I also noticed he's been very vague in providing information to help determine what exactly happened. I agree there's some suspicion however, lets see how it plays out. If it turns out to be true, I don't think it's going to deter many from buying or creating a surge in returns. I'm leaning towards pilot error although he claims to own two previous versions.

but you have not answered any main questions.. like was it on the latest firmware using the assistant 2 app? cal IMU? Compass? or was you an quick to get it up?
please show your logs or i cant see anyone being able to help :)

Did the OP...fly away? Jokes apart uploading the flight log would be very...educational :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Honestly I don't believe in the compass/IMU calibration questions asked after every crash/flyway.

I would say that at least 95% of the time the p3/p4 will fly just fine with zero calibrations. I did it.

More common issues would be metal or magnetic interference, electrical or hardware issues. Or of course user error.

Regarding op, the GPS can't just be gone. What did it show? And at that point it'll switch to atti, why didn't you use the video to bring it back?

Until we see a log unfortunately we cannot help you..

Ralph, it would have been better to analyze the flight log before you sent the information to DJI.

I will send the log today.. Last night i was still hoping i found it.....
For those that say pilot error, why did GPS just turned off in a clear sky?..
Why it did not respond to my commands?, why i lost video 3 min. Later? Why when i tried return to home several times it said Failed?
All good questions and the flight data might be able to answer some of them.

Ignore the folks stirring you - that's just something some people get into on forums.
You've told DJI your story. They won't help you find the Phantom.
There are a lot of experienced people here that might.
If you could post a log here there's a chance someone could point you to the place to look.
I've found a few lost Phantoms all over the world from looking at flight records.
Here's an example: Professional - Drone lost after signal lost... What can i do ?
It's three pages now and still nothing more definite than you lost your Phantom.
Without a description of what happened and some data, no-one can help you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl