Phantom 4 malfunction and loss

Starting to wonder if this is another pre April fools joke , like the guy that said he was one of the first to order his P4 and they sent him extra batteries and a iPad .
Its not, it really happened and it sucks.. By the way customer service does not help much. they send me a form to fill but it feels like they just want to get you. I never had any problems with the phantom 3 pro or Phantom 2.

Its not, it really happened and it sucks.. By the way customer service does not help much. they send me a form to fill but it feels like they just want to get you. I never had any problems with the phantom 3 pro or Phantom 2.

Sorry to hear. I can't imagine that feeling in your gut when she started to run away. I hope it works out in the end.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Cale262
The middle toggle is sport mode, far left toggle is Atti mode. Far right toggle is GPS. Atti mode is still there.
Ah right !!! I forgot I had read that somewhere !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just as worrisome is the rude customer service attitude that was reported.

Sorry about the new bird.

I don't believe this thread. Two separate GPS systems, 2 IMUs, 2 compasses and a processor error checking the data? No way that was a flyaway.

Reactions: FlyingDoDo
If you lose GPS (and that would be extremely rare unless you are in a deep canyon or somewhere else with no sky view), your Phantom automatically defaults to atti mode.
Everything is the same except you don't have the horizontal position holding of GPS.
You still have altitude holding and you have full control.
Try switching to atti mode sometime to see the differences.

This is true, you should be able to gain full control of the Phantom back. Could you post the flight record? Because like many of us here we have a slight skepticism of this situation.

Reactions: curiosity
Same here....I don't buy it. Extremely unlikely. Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. Let's see the flight log or data.

I tried everything and it will not respond.. GPS just died completely, I have the phantom 3 pro and I always fly it in the same spot with no problems. I was only 400ft away and about 190ft up.
GPS dying doesn't stop you from having control. Something else or something more must have been involved.
Forget DJI customer service people
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
upload your flight record and post a link here and we'll try to work out what happened for you.

Use the line on the map. That is a straight line from the phantom to the home point. Turn around and fly along the line.
Why even turn around? Just go backwards. At least if you don't have a visual you come back from the opposite direction you were headed. Trying to turn around with no visual, you really don't know if you have turned 180?

Why even turn around? Just go backwards. At least if you don't have a visual you come back from the opposite direction you were headed. Trying to turn around with no visual, you really don't know if you have turned 180?
Maybe because not everyone simply flies out and back?
Just reversing won't necessarily bring it home.

Stuff like this is the reason why I never ever fly without using a screen recorder app. I forgot what the DJI Go app records, but I believe it's only the video feed without any telemetry information. Correct me if I am wrong...

A screen recording app allows you to literally record everything on your screen, thus the stick inputs and telemetry are saved as well. In a case like this - priceless!

Maybe because not everyone simply flies out and back?
Just reversing won't necessarily bring it home.
Yes I agree. Maybe I didn't read the original post very well.
I have done exactly that when I lost visual of mine. Didn't bring exactly right back to me, but it did get close enough to re-enable the video so I knew where I was at.

This was my second fly with it.. Everything was going smooth and all of the sudden it said GPS not available.. And it just started to go away from me.. I was not able to control it. After 3 minutes i lost video and thay was it!

I had the Phantom 2, 3 Pro and this one and i never had any problems in the past..

I called customer service and the representative was so rude, he was just trying to get me to say the wrong thing.. Worst customer service ever.. He said they will send me a form and it will have a 3 weeks turn around for an obvious technical failure.. Im so angry!! What should i do??

Ralph, if you want people here to read your flight information and potentially provide you with the information you will need to prove to DJi this was not your fault then you NEED to upload your data. Upload it to the sites provided.

What do you have to lose? Only think I can think of is that your wrong? So what. We all make mistakes.

Didn't mean to be mean about the comment, just stating the fact of users pulling practical jokes. I am hurting just thinking this could still happen to the P4. I am sorry for your loss. Hope you get your reimbursement.

Hey Ralph , what city state were you flying? Maybe put up a reward if found. If it was around my area , I would go out and try and help you get an idea of where it could have come down. It might have landed safely. Also , did you have any info on the bird?
I put my registration number on right away just in case.

Hey Ralph , what city state were you flying? Maybe put up a reward if found. If it was around my area , I would go out and try and help you get an idea of where it could have come down. It might have landed safely. Also , did you have any info on the bird?
I put my registration number on right away just in case.
Yep....have a P-touch label on my bird that says $200 reward if found...call 843.....etc.

Reactions: deckdog and wheezy
Stuff like this is the reason why I never ever fly without using a screen recorder app. I forgot what the DJI Go app records, but I believe it's only the video feed without any telemetry information.
To refresh your memory ... here's what the GO app records:
Stick inputs and telemetry etc is all there.
i-bzZf6cX-L.png

This was my second fly with it.. Everything was going smooth and all of the sudden it said GPS not available.. And it just started to go away from me.. I was not able to control it. After 3 minutes i lost video and thay was it!
Something happened that you describe as a flyaway and there might be some GPS involvement.
That's a very thin description of what happened and doesn't give anyone any detail to start working out what might have happened.
If you can provide flight data and a description of exactly what happened, there are people here that can probably work it out for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik