Phantom 4 lost all power dropped to bottom of lake

Reaction score
I just purchased a phantom 4
Price was cheap $550

Batteries looked like they had been dropped
The girl claimed she never flew the drone. Knew nothing about it. Yet when trying to test fly it she knew a little more then she claimed

Anyways I get it home I take it to the beach
I fly it about 10 times no issues

Then today I take it to the lake. Fly it 2 times

Everything was fine

Then the final and last flight I put a new battery in
The app said all was good ready to fly

I do auto pilot take off
Everything seems fine

I try to change from photo to video it does nothing I fly the drone forward about 10 get over the water and out of nowhere it just loses all power. Props stop and it just drops like a bag of bricks

Sinks so fast I had no chance to go after it

I was so pissed I then threw the controller in the water too cuz at that point what difference did it make I'm so pissed

Now what Do I buy another one and fly in fear every time that it will just turn it self off ?

Has this ever happened to you

I literally just lost $550. Do I know go by a mavic for $1300 from DJI ???

I don't know wha to do with myself

Dammmmm
3d7f05c8d483a51580c58f8da020da89.jpg

I just purchased a phantom 4
Price was cheap $550

Batteries looked like they had been dropped
The girl claimed she never flew the drone. Knew nothing about it. Yet when trying to test fly it she knew a little more then she claimed

Anyways I get it home I take it to the beach
I fly it about 10 times no issues

Then today I take it to the lake. Fly it 2 times

Everything was fine

Then the final and last flight I put a new battery in
The app said all was good ready to fly

I do auto pilot take off
Everything seems fine

I try to change from photo to video it does nothing I fly the drone forward about 10 get over the water and out of nowhere it just loses all power. Props stop and it just drops like a bag of bricks

Sinks so fast I had no chance to go after it

I was so pissed I then threw the controller in the water too cuz at that point what difference did it make I'm so pissed

Now what Do I buy another one and fly in fear every time that it will just turn it self off ?

Has this ever happened to you

I literally just lost $550. Do I know go by a mavic for $1300 from DJI ???

I don't know wha to do with myself

Dammmmm
3d7f05c8d483a51580c58f8da020da89.jpg
Man that suc,very sorry to read,,even new ones fall from sky ,its a risk we all take,did you get it back at all,hope you not throw remote in water,,was funny that part but dam i feel you pain :(

Reactions: strycarz
For it to die like that, you either lost all or at least one of your props or the battery was suspect. If you have an Airdata account you could sync your flight logs from the app on your device to see the data. Alternatively, you could follow the steps in this link and post it up here:
DJI Flight Log Viewer
At least you can understand what may have happened before you buy another one. Either a Mavic or P4P if I was to get another one.

Any chance that you did not upgrade the software for that last battery you put in, or that it came loose and popped out.
If you do not hear that solid click , you may have not got it snapped properly. Just a thought.

For it to die like that, you either lost all or at least one of your props or the battery was suspect. If you have an Airdata account you could sync your flight logs from the app on your device to see the data. Alternatively, you could follow the steps in this link and post it up here:
DJI Flight Log Viewer
At least you can understand what may have happened before you buy another one. Either a Mavic or P4P if I was to get another one.

Yeah I think the battery was suspect when I purchased it I saw a little crape on it the woman assured me it was fine I think that was the issue

And yes I'm getting the mavic soon but do I buy from amazon or from DJI ?

Consider the Pro Plus as you now have the Phantom Wetsuits that allow you fly in the rain and capture all the weather related issues,
We think the ability to fly in all weather conditions changes the game back to the Phantom 4.

Check this out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but for others that may benefit from this:

When you get a new UAV, especially a used one, you should always test it in a nice open field. Take off and hover as close to the ground as you can for a while then slowly go through all the functions. Test and retest using all the batteries. May seem paranoid, but it's all relative. I know one guy so afraid of fly aways he tethered his UAV until he was confident. LOL

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
Consider the Pro Plus as you now have the Phantom Wetsuits that allow you fly in the rain and capture all the weather related issues,
We think the ability to fly in all weather conditions changes the game back to the Phantom 4.

I've got a wet suit on the way as well as a SwellPro Splash quad. Rains too much in Florida not to have a waterproof quad or two.

Reactions: Mystic Sky Media
Yeah I think the battery was suspect when I purchased it I saw a little crape on it the woman assured me it was fine I think that was the issue

I would consider having a look at @msinger and using one of the links in his signature for purchasing tips. He is a top feeder on this forum and is the 'go to' person for anything drones. We have Amazon coming to Australia at the end of the year...finally..

Buy a new P3S for $475 and reduce your loss worry and related stress.

lol I sold my p3s I had tr backpack 5 batteries it was great lots of fun but just wouldn't fly far enough before it would lose signal and come home

I must say I never had no weird ish happen like it just falling out the sky now I wish I had kept it !

I've got over 150hrs flying time on my p4 used the same two batteries for a year. Never had any issues. Great bit of kit [emoji1360]

You could of sold that controller not too mention you just put even more lithium in the lake

Reactions: Neon Euc
Just make sure you buy from an authorized DJI dealer. You can find a list of Phantoms being sold on Amazon here.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Got it off a girl that was on crack she purchased it from target with 20 gift cards lol

My recommendation for a new drone enthusiast is to buy NEW. Then purchase insurance so that you can have less anxiety. Finally, new pilots need to establish their skills through at least an hour on open fields. Experienced pilots need to validate the condition of a "used" drone by testing the performance of their drone, and secondly the performance of their batteries extensively. Then you can gain trust in your drone and yourself so that anxiety is reduced and you can enjoy your new hobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers