Phantom 4 lights question

What does app say about your battery in the drone? Have you tried more than one battery in your drone to see if there is any difference I have had bad drone batteries that have short flight times

Reactions: Capt KO
I run mine down to 1 and 1/2 lights without problem. Don't know what is up with your red lights. Out of ideas at the moment.

Reactions: dronesky
Have three batteries for the drone. Al of them work fine. I have my warning set at 30%. I get probably 18 minutes or so out of all of them so I would say there is nothing wrong with them.
I don't think i have ever seen mine less than two lights. I don't know what's wrong either. Maybe just some type of glitch. Don't know what else to try. It flies good. Thanks for the ideas. If anyone has anything else I am listening.

Download the flight logs so the guys can figure out the warnings that you can't see on screen. Try it

Reactions: Oso
Went and flew awhile today. I did recalibrate the controller before flying. I flew about ten minutes and still had green lights flashing on the rear. I am going to recalibrate it tomorrow. It flew ok but seed like it wanted to drift and not hold a hover as good as it usually does. Will recalibrate rates and post what it did.
One thing it seems like I am having issues with again is the controller. I was having trouble with the charging. I took it apart and heated the board like it showed on you tube. I was getting in the high 80's low 90's on charging but now I am not getting but in the 70's. I charged it today and when I go to the field I was showing 64%. Wonder if I need to heat it again. I hate to send it to DJI. Especially now. Going to recalibrate and charge and try it again.
Recalibrated drone. Just flew down about half a battery. Started with 76% on controller. That's what it charged up to. Had 99% on drone battery. Home point located and ready to fly. Took off a and flew around flew and hovered good. No kind of messages on screen. Started with red lights on front and tear lights blinking green. One fast and two slow. After about five or six minutes of flight rear lights turned solid red. Still no messages and flying good. Don't know what to think. Controller was at 65% when I landed unless this is why they turned red.
What is the minimum percentage you should let your controller get to?

Hi, I don't know where you are located, but if in the UK there is a place in Luton ??? That will repair your controller problem for £35??? While you wait or a couple of days turn around....Hope you get this fixed..Stay safe Len

Just to let you know... I am having the EXACT same issue. Flies with correct lights until about 5 minutes into the flight and then all lights on the drone turn red. No obvious indications as to anything wrong. Have tried all 3 batteries which are charged to 100% plus the controller! Tried re-calibrating all systems with the same result. This never happened last year. I too seem to think the drone drifts somewhat, but could be my imagination. I continue to fly it which does fine, however the thought that it is indicating an "error" from the lights is concerning. No other messages displayed.

Just to let you know... I am having the EXACT same issue. Flies with correct lights until about 5 minutes into the flight and then all lights on the drone turn red. No obvious indications as to anything wrong. Have tried all 3 batteries which are charged to 100% plus the controller! Tried re-calibrating all systems with the same result. This never happened last year. I too seem to think the drone drifts somewhat, but could be my imagination. I continue to fly it which does fine, however the thought that it is indicating an "error" from the lights is concerning. No other messages displayed.
@bullerman1946 ghosted us, but can u upload a flight log to the viewer site and give a link to see it i'll bet there is a error message

Reactions: Cliff 2020
I'm having the same problem with the aircraft light . Mine alternate from green and red.
It's a warning only. It will at max altitude or if in a 'fly safe' area (restricted flight). One pilot here solved it with an IMU calibration, another's cause was boarderline satt count. Do any of these sound familiar? Hard to know what, without looking in the flight logs, as there are different red/green causes. Not much info from DJI. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Mine does it occasionally from an unused heliport behind my house. I ignore it but won't update my "Fly Safe" database either. Always sumpthin ?

I bought a used controller for mine. I was also having trouble charging the battery to a full charge. Still having trouble with the lights also. When I got the different controller all my problems went away. It charges up to 100 % and the lights act normal. I guess it had something to do with the controller itself. I knew the battery part did but not the lights. It is doing fine now.

Reactions: Capt KO
It's a warning only. It will at max altitude or if in a 'fly safe' area (restricted flight). One pilot here solved it with an IMU calibration, another's cause was boarderline satt count. Do any of these sound familiar? Hard to know what, without looking in the flight logs, as there are different red/green causes. Not much info from DJI. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Mine does it occasionally from an unused heliport behind my house. I ignore it but won't update my "Fly Safe" database either. Always sumpthin ?

Thank you very much for the Information it's quite a bit more than I've got from DJI. They sounded like they don't have any idea. 1st they tell me to go out and shoot a video to send them , But I was using my phone to fly so I couldn't do that.

So I went out and bought a tablet so I could shoot a video and send them, then I said calibrate the IMU which I did same thing. So I haven't had time but I wanna drive out in the middle of nowhere And see if there's any difference . The aircraft Flys OK But flashing red lights is something only wanna see on a police car not my drone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl