Phantom 4 Home Lock

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything on how to set up Home Lock on the Phantom 4. I have a P4 - NOT a P4 Pro, not a P2 or P3. It's a PHANTOM 4.

There are loads of YouTube videos showing how to set up Home Lock on Phantoms 2 and 3 but I cannot find anything on how to do it on the P4. And it makes a huge difference, because the RC for the 2 and 3 is not the same as for the P4.

OK - here is the specific problem. I can go through all the steps involving the GO App. However, at one point, the older videos tell you to "change the flight mode from P to F", using the flight mode switch on the controller. The thing is, there is no "F" flight mode on the P4 controller. There are only three flight modes: P-S-4.

What should I do with that? Leave flight mode on P? Switch to S or 4?

Any thoughts?

The switch is in P mode and be sure to have Multiple Flight Mode selected in the app. On the left of the screen you should see an icon for the various flight modes, tap that and swipe across until you see HL. I usually take off, select HL and fly. Great for the occasion where you lose orientation as you can just pull the right stick back and it will come back like a lost dog.

The switch is in P mode and be sure to have Multiple Flight Mode selected in the app. On the left of the screen you should see an icon for the various flight modes, tap that and swipe across until you see HL. I usually take off, select HL and fly. Great for the occasion where you lose orientation as you can just pull the right stick back and it will come back like a lost dog.
OK - so you're saying just leave the flight mode switch on the controller in P mode, right?

I generally do although I have switched to S mode if I'm trying to get back in a hurry after getting my battery numbers wrong.
Well, I know you are supposed to fly in P mode most of the time, but my question here is in the context of Home Lock. Are you saying I should leave it in P mode when activating/using Home Lock? Because with the P3, they tell you to take it out of P mode and put it into F mode when activating/using Home Lock.

Well, I know you are supposed to fly in P mode most of the time, but my question here is in the context of Home Lock. Are you saying I should leave it in P mode when activating/using Home Lock? Because with the P3, they tell you to take it out of P mode and put it into F mode when activating/using Home Lock.
Leave it in P mode to access the multiple flight modes giving you GPS to bring the drone back to you. I only referenced S mode (you still have GPS) during the occasions I've had to sprint back.

Reactions: pdmike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20