Phantom 4 has audio recording???

Just run audio recorder on your ipad in the background. Say something like "start" when you turn video recording on. Put the two clips in your editor and line them up.

Actually YouTube has much longer audio tracks. Some are over 20 minutes. When adding audio via the YouTube editor just check the box that says "only show tracks of similar length" to see tracks that fit your video.

You can do it in the YouTube editor, but the longest audio track is just over 5 minutes, and it will dumb your 4K video down to 1080p in the process. Not recommended, but it's free.

Actually YouTube has much longer audio tracks. Some are over 20 minutes. When adding audio via the YouTube editor just check the box that says "only show tracks of similar length" to see tracks that fit your video.
Good to know. Is that new?
I stopped using the YouTube editor because it dumbed down all my uploaded unedited 4K videos to 1080p, as soon as I used the YouTube editor to add audio, or edit them any way, and only one audio track could be added to the video at that time. As I recall, any longer audio tracks also require allowing YouTube to display ads when playing your edited masterpiece. Is that also still the case?

It's a tedious process for sure. I start recording video on my iPhone then I hit the record on my drone and take off. You can hear the beep sound the controller makes when it starts recording so you can use that as your sync sound, or just the noise of the drone taking off. Once I get home I copy the audio files to my PC and strip the audio out with Microsoft video editor. Then I copy the audio and video files to my iPhone or iPad and use iMovie to edit them. In iMovie I listen for the sync sound and cut off everything in front of that, and cut off the video before that, then I save the video without any edits so that the sound and video are synced from start to finish. Then if I want to edit the video, cut out parts, I create another project and open the video I just made as the source. I don't like using iTunes for syncing. It's a pain in the butt. I used to be able to just copy files using the USB cable because my phone was jailbroken, but the current version doesn't work yet. I found a halfway decent alternative though. Sandisk makes this funky looking U-shaped USB stick that also fits in the iPhone lightning cable. You plug it in the PC, copy the audio and video files over, take it out and plug it in the iPhone and copy the video files over, then if you select an audio file on the memory stick and use the option "open with iMovie" you can create a new project, then import the corresponding video you just copied over and off you go. Here are some of my finished videos: GottliebPins

I use PremPro CC which is easy for me to add audio tracks, but the video part i have only scratched the surface, it's deep.

If you use a screen recorder like ar screen recorder you'll have sound recorded from tablet or phone, if you record sound from the drone say with a gopro you just have a horrible noise!

If you use a screen recorder like ar screen recorder you'll have sound recorded from tablet or phone, if you record sound from the drone say with a gopro you just have a horrible noise!
Sometimes, you may want an accompanying audio record of that barking dog, or screaming human at the location of the drone, not that I have ever encountered either! ;)

Man, just recently ran across a great example of needing onboard audio to go with the amazing camera on my P3P :)

Filming at the local raceway (600 hp sprint cars). Just nothing without the roar. Think I'll tripod a GoPro and mesh the audio in during post.

If you want to try your hand at video editing without giving up and arm and a leg try DaVinci Resolve 12.5. It's free and there are a ton of how to videos on YouTube.

Can anyone tell me if phantom 4 has audio recording??And if not how i syncronize something without sound at video?
They must have changed something in the latest upgrades because now I record sound on my videos with the Phantom 4 through the smartphone. I was amazed when it happened but it works. If the Drone is up to 300 feet, you're getting audio from your smartphone at the smartphone though.

They must have changed something in the latest upgrades because now I record sound on my videos with the Phantom 4 through the smartphone. I was amazed when it happened but it works. If the Drone is up to 300 feet, you're getting audio from your smartphone at the smartphone though.
Yes, that was added in a recent upgrade. The tablet (or smartphone) used for the RC is now recording audio. I sometimes use this feature to record commentary audio, and also some background noise that can be added later to the footage (cars, birds, trains, etc). The only part to keep in mind is that the recording is stopped if the connection between the RC and the AC is broken. Thus you cannot record your nervous comments as the tablet says "Aircraft disconnected".

Yes, that was added in a recent upgrade. The tablet (or smartphone) used for the RC is now recording audio. I sometimes use this feature to record commentary audio, and also some background noise that can be added later to the footage (cars, birds, trains, etc). The only part to keep in mind is that the recording is stopped if the connection between the RC and the AC is broken. Thus you cannot record your nervous comments as the tablet says "Aircraft disconnected".
Those clever programmers save us from recording our expletives when their connection fails! :p Thanks for the tip. One more reason drone pilots should not be disturbed while flying--they may be recording commentary, and certainly don't want incessant questions from bystanders included. Could be good for recording the security guard or LEO harrassing the drone pilot, though, in case you need it later! :cool:

You could also use a screen recorder and this records sound from the phone.
I believe with go app if you use live streaming this activates it to record sound.
Sam in Spain

I've played with sound.. I once put a keychain camera on one of the legs to record the sound of a takeoff.. Then I synced the audio later. The P4 is so loud, that a microphone wouldn't be of much use.

I also did a creative recording of an old steam train.. All the audio was downloaded from various Internet sources and mixed in to make it sound like the recording was live... (It was a rough first attempt :) But it shows that it can be done ).

You said it is a feature. How can you turn it on and off or can you?

You said it is a feature. How can you turn it on and off or can you?

Settings, Privacy, Microphone - and select/deselect DJIGO 4

In the Go 4 App you need to have video cache enabled and then can turn on/off the "record audio video cache"

This feature might only be available on Apple iOS if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Nope, It works on an Android device as well. I.m old and I breath hard and my video's caught that as well. Might be great for Youtuber. New subject, where in DJI GO 4 can you adjust the quality of the video resolution that displays on your tablet.

Nope, It works on an Android device as well. I.m old and I breath hard and my video's caught that as well. Might be great for Youtuber. New subject, where in DJI GO 4 can you adjust the quality of the video resolution that displays on your tablet.

I don't know if there is that option. I certainly haven't seen it..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4