Phantom 4 has audio recording???

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if phantom 4 has audio recording??And if not how i syncronize something without sound at video?

Sounds on an MR is like sticking your head out the window of your car on the freeway. ;)

if you have to make a 4 camera video at a festival with a band and you need to sincronize the sound??

You need an editing programme like Premier Pro, or Final Cut Pro X -(and someone who knows how to use them!).

You need an editing programme like Premier Pro, or Final Cut Pro X -(and someone who knows how to use them!).
You can do it in the YouTube editor, but the longest audio track is just over 5 minutes, and it will dumb your 4K video down to 1080p in the process. Not recommended, but it's free.

some of the 3rd party apps for the P3 let you record audio from the device connected to your controller while you fly and it automatically synchronizes it to the video. I can't remember which ones though

You need to have at least one camera dedicated for audio and then you can sync you clips, if you have it, in Final Cut Pro X. I have used the Multicam feature more than once and it is an amazingly slick feature. You may have to manually tweak your clip w/o audio to sync just right, but it is well worth it. Even when I had a P2 w/GoPro, the rotor sound was so overwhelming, the sound was worthless.

Way back in prehistoric times before the P3, we used GOPROs. I don't miss the audio.

Yea. I had a "Lipstick" camera w/audio on my 450 CP Heli with gel pads (anti-vibe) about 8 years ago. The audio can be good for troubleshooting in-flight issues though.

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
Fair point. I do remember being mesmerized by the sound of my 3DR Iris (my first GPS controlled aircraft) holding position on a breezy day. That was pretty amazing.

Yea. I had a "Lipstick" camera w/audio on my 450 CP Heli with gel pads (anti-vibe) about 8 years ago. The audio can be good for troubleshooting in-flight issues though.

Very true. I do that on my heavy lifters. But also because they sound awesome!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Yeah, (and someone who knows how to use them!). that's the hard part!

One can find plenty of "how to" videos on FCPX, but for me, Premier has too long of a learning curve. FCPX is extremely powerful and fairly intuitive. And with a little practice, you can turn out some really good videos.

Can anyone tell me if phantom 4 has audio recording??And if not how i syncronize something without sound at video?

To synchronise you use a clapperboard and watch for the 'sticks' to clap or timecode if you're using that. Many iphone clapper apps that can do that with and without audio.

As far as editing programs, Reaper is a good, free one (or very low cost) that does audio and video. Great community over there, too.

BTW, Hi! First post : )

some of the 3rd party apps for the P3 let you record audio from the device connected to your controller while you fly and it automatically synchronizes it to the video. I can't remember which ones though

Use Mobizen for Android and it will record your screen and the Audio around your phone. Just don't be a swear bear if you crash :)

sigh... Everyone is making this sound so hard, and or expensive!

You should be able to do the following.

A.Point the quad camera at you with the motors off.

B. start recording.

C.Start recording with your sound device. stand in front of the phantom so that it can see your hands, and that the sound recorder can pick up the sound that your quad camera is seeing.

D. Loudly clap you hands together several times.

E. Go in your video program that has individual tracks. Cyberlink Power Director will work fine, and is under 70 dollars.

F.Set the soundtrack underneath the video track. Sync what you see with the clapping of your hands with the sound track.

G. Lock the sound track and video together.

H. Trim off the front of the video and sound with you clapping.

p.s, you can even start the quad hovering pointing toward you, as long as your sound device can hear you clapping...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl