Phantom 4 grounded and locked

Reaction score
Ever since the recent upgrade which I regret I cant start it up I have tried unlocking in geo and it says failed any suggestions???? Also what other good drone mfgs. would you guys recommend ??? I am going to sell my entire setup this is total BS . DJI has to remember "THIS IS MY PROPERTY PAID FOR WITH MY MONEY". Its like buying a car and telling me what days I can drive it. Had I know this I would have never bought DJI. I have an abandoned air strip for an old crop duster thats within 3.7 miles of my house. Thanks Jim

You might be very happy with a $50.00 Toy Drone that will only fly a max distance of 300 feet UP and all around at 300 feet max......No GPS and you can Fly it any old place....Good Luck James.

And the toy drone will never Ever need a UP date.....Buy it and Fly it.

DJI GO 4 wants me to upgrade my Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 every time I open it to do some calibration. However I refuse to do so and have been flying only with Litchi since GO forced me to upgrade two years ago and repeatedly crashed. I switched to Litchi and have had no issues with locked drone or GEO fencing or NFZ’s. I wonder if those having this problem in DJI GO 4 could be alleviated just by switching to Litchi? I consider Litchi much superior and can’t understand why those with these problems don’t gamble on a $24.00 possible solution? Litchi is the absolute best purchase I’ve made in the drone hobby!

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
DJI GO 4 wants me to upgrade my Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 every time I open it to do some calibration. However I refuse to do so and have been flying only with Litchi since GO forced me to upgrade two years ago and repeatedly crashed. I switched to Litchi and have had no issues with locked drone or GEO fencing or NFZ’s. I wonder if those having this problem in DJI GO 4 could be alleviated just by switching to Litchi? I consider Litchi much superior and can’t understand why those with these problems don’t gamble on a $24.00 possible solution? Litchi is the absolute best purchase I’ve made in the drone hobby!

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.
I got the phantom 4 plus controller I wanted to keep things simple for myself and my guys.Some of the YouTube videos show a couple of Phantoms seem to have the restriction issues with Litchi don’t know it’s not my expertise. It appears the entire setup is going to end up on the auction block thanks 73 Jim

Ever since the recent upgrade which I regret I cant start it up I have tried unlocking in geo and it says failed any suggestions???? Also what other good drone mfgs. would you guys recommend ??? I am going to sell my entire setup this is total BS . DJI has to remember "THIS IS MY PROPERTY PAID FOR WITH MY MONEY". Its like buying a car and telling me what days I can drive it. Had I know this I would have never bought DJI. I have an abandoned air strip for an old crop duster thats within 3.7 miles of my house. Thanks Jim

Hey james we have all experienced the pains of the new updates and our freedoms being taken away very secratively and slowly. Before you put the Drone on the Chopping Block, give me a call.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
coal

I got the phantom 4 plus controller I wanted to keep things simple for myself and my guys.Some of the YouTube videos show a couple of Phantoms seem to have the restriction issues with Litchi don’t know it’s not my expertise. It appears the entire setup is going to end up on the auction block thanks 73 Jim
I have p4p plus, love the built in screen. Get litchi from amazon and you will love your drone again. You will need a good usb to micro usb cable.

Give up on your Class Action Suit Class action law suit against DJI ??
Sell what you got and please stop posting threads on the same issue if you are just going to abandon it .
Ask for suggestions but don't leave a thread hanging or I will just close it .
EDIT : I just did

Last edited:
Just close out all of my post if you wish it’s your site do as you wish . Thanks to the ones who did send their suggestions but my partners and myself have went with another drone vendor I sold my complete DJI setup yesterday locally .We went with the H520 ,thermal imager andcamera . Enjoy your Holidays Jim

Actually you will be surprised on what you don't actually 'own' that you think you do. You dont own your music you get from iTunes, You actually License it, You dont own most of the apps you 'buy' from the Apple Store, you license it, you dont own most of the software on your computer you license it. You don't have Automatic 'rights to Federal Airspace' If you are tired of flying a DJI Drone, don't buy one, its your choice, and since you did buy one, you can always sell it. If you have a 107 Lic, and register with DJI, you can in many cases remove the GEO fence, unless you are sitting right on the Airport field. By the way you may own the Drone, but you license the software that you use to fly it.

Over and out sold it have a nice life where’s the mod police I thought you locked it .

I sold my complete DJI setup yesterday locally .
I’m happy to hear that you were able to find a solution to your problems. Just wondering, did you tell the buyer what a piece of crap the DJI is or are you just doing to the buyer what you say DJI did to you. :openmouth:

Reactions: Ridowh
No I actually sold it to a friend of mine he’s got several hundred acres of farmland and a dairy farm he is no where near any restriction . Myself and my business partner a retired Delta pilot showed him the avionics chart and loaded the “B4UFly app on his phone. Joe and my partner enjoyed the conversation about his international flights with Delta back when the industry was not so cut throat.He thought the drone could come in handy for checking his corn fields and other areas backing up to the river.With all the rain we had this year the salt marshes flooded into several fields he had and rendered the fields useless. Joe got the hang of flying it very well just got a little confusing when he rotated the drone.He only wishes he could crop dust with it to save him the money. Have a nice Christmas . Jim

Reactions: Ridowh and TR Ganey

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.
I agree with WA5TEF. I don't fly with GO. I fly with Litchi for the last three years. I have 586 miles of flight on my P3P - 99% with Litchi. No problems with the geo fencing, but then I stay away form airports. However I have 3 heliports nearby. The closes one is at a hospital. I have called the phone number listed on several apps, and all I get is hospital security and they say they don't have any contact with the pilots. Litchi does not block me from flying at home over my property. I usually stay at 131 feet AGL during home test flights just to be sure no choppers will hit me. Litchi is a fantastic App. I use waypoints most of the time on my video missions away from home. No problem with Litchi in 586 miles of flight on P3P.
Joe
KC7GHT

Good comments Joe, good to see another ham on here. I believe we have to observe enough rules to not be bothered by a few more but I resent some DJI employee telling me I have to upgrade my firmware and then possibly have my home area flights restricted! I too will keep what I have and stay with the superior flying app Litchi!

Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31