Phantom 4 Durability and Preventative Maintenance

My phantom 4 has more mileage , but I started to see few stress fractures , the props are still good did not change them yet
c257ce56c1889f986e3474f8d2b181df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can you post a few pictures of the stress cracks that you've encountered? It would helpful to the community.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'd like to know how they get that number as well. I don't have nearly as many hours on DJI drones as some folks do!

WOW and CONGRATS on both ...the 96.6 MPH, and the total traveled distance of over the 2 million ft mark...impressive to say the least

WOW and CONGRATS on both ...the 96.6 MPH, and the total traveled distance of over the 2 million ft mark...impressive to say the least
Thank you. I like to shoot video around the mountains. Sometimes the winds can change dramatically. It can make for some heart stopping moments when the drone is getting blown away and I am struggling to get it back. But if you ride the wind you get some super high speeds.

I had this same thinking. The motors are what I would love to know what their service life is and replace within a generous safety margin, it's the only moving parts, and keeping good batteries. It helps hearing others times getting on these motors, mine have about half of yours

The business part of the motor is brushless so no moving or wearing parts. However the bearings do move (quite fast) so these can wear. They are unlikely to fail catastrophically without warning. It's worth checking each motor after a flying session either by hand or with an IR detector just to check for temperature differences between the motors. The hot one is the one that will probably fail first.

Hey Everyone-
I have a Phantom 4 and have logged 260 flights, 54 hours of flight time, and 1.5 million feet (284 miles). This doesn't include numerous flights with GSPro. Knocking on wood as I say this, I haven't had a single issue. I still have the original props on it. Is there anything I need to be concerned with or anything I should do for preventative maintenance?
...Baker, I change props every 40hrs due to wear/fatigue of the locking mech and the prop hub/internals, more nfo on this
subject located on my website Equip Page, Phantom Tab...
upload_2017-2-25_15-49-3.png

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: Bckmstr
It is comforting to see the longevity of service from the Phantoms. I think the Key to the long service life is to Not fly into Stuff.
I guess I can't expect to set any speed records with 96.6 mph out there.
Congratulations.
In the hot Texas sun the only record I have chance with is "Hottest Battery Temp".

Hey Everyone-
I have a Phantom 4 and have logged 260 flights, 54 hours of flight time, and 1.5 million feet (284 miles). This doesn't include numerous flights with GSPro. Knocking on wood as I say this, I haven't had a single issue. I still have the original props on it. Is there anything I need to be concerned with or anything I should do for preventative maintenance?

Would love to speak to you.. I started a "Conversation"..but can not find where to send you a PM (Personal Mail)... I have started the SOP's with my department (2 year project) and am now "off the ground" with the Drone Unit.. Well, I'm the only pilot so far.. lol... Holler back, would love to talk about how your agency is setting it up..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1