Phantom 4 Crashes...Repair Shop Needed!

Reaction score
Passing through 110 ft on assent to 200 ft the Aircraft Experienced a Total Electrical Failure and crashed approximately 10-15 feet from the launch site...No Injury’s or Property Damage we’re Sustained, but obviously the aircraft was damaged. It was determined that the cause was due to the battery not being fully locked into place and was overlooked on pre-flight prior to takeoff....the top part was locked, but the bottom wasn’t...Yep, PILOT ERROR …Expensive and Valuable Lessons Learned!

The Aircraft is Actually very well intact, considering the impact it sustained. The major exterior damage happened to the camera breaking off. The Battery does lock into place & the Aircraft does power up. However it does not pair up with the transmitter and the small pairing light flashes red along with what sounds like a very sad aural one second “Beep” that is continuous.

I found another Phantom 4 that is just the Aircraft ( and Camera) that looks like it’s in Great Shape, and I am planning on buying it. I’m assuming that a Phantom 4 Remote will pair up with another Phantom 4 (Unlike the Phantom 2 that had 2 different types [emoji849]). If anyone can confirm that please do! Also, if there is anyone that works on these, or a business that is Reputable for doing good and fair work, I would greatly appreciate their contact information. With the hit this thing took, I want to make sure that it is airworthy, along with getting the camera fixed or replaced, and using it as a backup.

Thanks So Much!

Have used em and they are venders here. DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop
Make a ticket they pay your shipping and if you don’t care for the qoute they ship it back on their dime. Highly recommend them.

Passing through 110 ft on assent to 200 ft the Aircraft Experienced a Total Electrical Failure and crashed approximately 10-15 feet from the launch site...No Injury’s or Property Damage we’re Sustained, but obviously the aircraft was damaged. It was determined that the cause was due to the battery not being fully locked into place and was overlooked on pre-flight prior to takeoff....the top part was locked, but the bottom wasn’t...Yep, PILOT ERROR …Expensive and Valuable Lessons Learned!

The Aircraft is Actually very well intact, considering the impact it sustained. The major exterior damage happened to the camera breaking off. The Battery does lock into place & the Aircraft does power up. However it does not pair up with the transmitter and the small pairing light flashes red along with what sounds like a very sad aural one second “Beep” that is continuous.

I found another Phantom 4 that is just the Aircraft ( and Camera) that looks like it’s in Great Shape, and I am planning on buying it. I’m assuming that a Phantom 4 Remote will pair up with another Phantom 4 (Unlike the Phantom 2 that had 2 different types [emoji849]). If anyone can confirm that please do! Also, if there is anyone that works on these, or a business that is Reputable for doing good and fair work, I would greatly appreciate their contact information. With the hit this thing took, I want to make sure that it is airworthy, along with getting the camera fixed or replaced, and using it as a backup.

Thanks So Much!
I crashed my P4P and experienced substantial damage. It is now in the repair shop, the price quoted for repair was not excessive IMO, if your in UK, I can point you to DJI North West Drone Repairs | Facebook

Reactions: SKY-SPY
Hello!

Not sure if this will be useful to you, but I sent my drone over to DJI Repair Centre and they got it all fixed up.

There are instructions on the website on what you have to do: DJI

Hope it helps

Happy flying!

Reactions: 2lowterrain
Steve is a good guy and has always took care of any issues members had with them. @BigAl07 will vouch for them also. ?

Yes I def agree. They've taken care of me on more than one occasion and I've gotten nothing less than stellar repairs and amazing Customer Service. Highly recommend them.

No, I’m not in the UK, However I’m a UK Basketball Fan...Go Big Blue!…sent it off today...the only thing that is Broken is the Yaw Arm that attaches the Camera to the Aircraft...so Maybe I will catch a Break...We shall see!

Heck of a lot closer to me than New Jersey!...Oh Well, it sounds like I’m sending it to a Really Good Maintenance Facility... but I will keep Drone Repair in mind...Thanks!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj