Phantom 4 coming next week!

Reaction score
Hello all!
I will be receiving my P4 next week and cant wait to lauch. My question here is which is the better way to go, litchi or Go app? I have flown with the Go app recently and thought it was fine. I have seen a lot of people on here talking about litchi and got me interested. What are the benefits for either one of these apps? I need a little education here, I am a new pilot who has only had 3 flights with my buddies P4. Thanks for your responses in advance!

Either way you go, you'll need to start with DJI GO to register your Phantom, install the firmware, and set settings not available in 3rd party apps.

If you want to see if Litchi is for you, check it out in more detail here.

Start with DJI go and gain experience. The main reason people use Litchi is for the waypoint function, it is way superior to the DJI version.
Start with DJI, see what you enjoy doing, video, stills, panos etc, but if you really want to fly exciting missions with excellent control of the camera, and POI's, then Litchi is a later option.

Start with DJI go and gain experience. The main reason people use Litchi is for the waypoint function, it is way superior to the DJI version.
Start with DJI, see what you enjoy doing, video, stills, panos etc, but if you really want to fly exciting missions with excellent control of the camera, and POI's, then Litchi is a later option.
Thanks for your response! That clears it up for me.

As mentioned, use both. The Go app is fine for flying, doing video or photos. Then give Litchi a try. It's pretty slick and having the ability to plan missions and reply the exact same route is very cool.

If using Litchi in unfamiliar areas I'd be sure to scout the flight path visually before flying. There are allot of things that can change or won't be captured in Google earth.

My go to app for fun or low altitude flying is Go.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Litchi is a third party app intended for autonomous flying. With autonomous and semi-autonomous flight modes, Litchi enables you to execute flight and camera control sequences that are too difficult or nearly impossible to perform manually.

DJI GO App has basic extended flight modes, such as POI Orbit, course lock, etc., this is going to give you a taste of autonomous or semi-autonomous flying.
One of my favorites features about Litchi is the fact that I can plan my mission before I even go to the field. You don't even have to have the aircraft turned on or connected to plan the waypoints in your mission.

Ask as many questions as you like in this forum, there a ton of youtube video tutorials about Litchi.

Fly safe, I will see you out there in the sky, and have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94