phantom 4 battery current status self discharging in storage

Reaction score
Hi there

I have 3 p4 batteries the 2 of them when in use with the dji go 4 app in the battery current status says that the battery is in self-discharging.
Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Depending on your settings in GO the default is to auto self discharge if not used in 10 days. If you turn the battery on then off it resets the counter. The battery will self discharge to storage capacity, about 50%. You should never store your batteries fully discharge or fully charged, store them at 50%. You can get the dji charging hub that has the option-charge or storage (recomended). I fly mine to 20% then charge to 50%(storage) and on fly day I fully charge them. If I can't use them that day I just leave them be as they will go to storage values in 10 days, but I usually fly well before that. If you don't have the hub charge them till the third light starts to flash on your battery when charging. BTW, I have never seen this message before now.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20170209-212947.png
Thank you for your help!!!!! So the the self-discharge that i see in the current status is ok

That's not a normal message. Does the message go away after charging the battery?

I believe it should say "normal" under battery status.

Is it possible the battery is overcharged and the message is a warning to have it discharged?

Contact DJI support and see what they say. The batteries might be defective.

Did this ever get resolved as I'm seeing this right after performing a firmware upgrade that included battery update and then changing self-discharge number of days in the go4 app.

After a fully discharge and a fully charged,
the problem solved.
Thanks for that, a full discharge as in letting the bird discharge it itself or did you have a special way?? I did that last night, and charged it back up this morning. Hopefully when I get a chance to check status it will now be okay :)

Thanks for that, a full discharge as in letting the bird discharge it itself or did you have a special way?? I did that last night, and charged it back up this morning. Hopefully when I get a chance to check status it will now be okay :)
Yes! By flying the bird and letting it discharge it self.

Ho To All... My p4 battery, had same issues. After 186 flight And 11months 20 days of use, I have Sent The batteryTo di To replace ( europe warranty is 1 year forse battery And 2 for drone) .

THey have Sent me a new battery without problem :)

I dont get it why would DJI have a discharge in 10 days if not used. These are lithium batteries and they have no memory issues like NiCad batteries. Doing full discharges are bad for lithium batteries. they last longer if you do shallow discharge cycles and charge them right away.

I dont get it why would DJI have a discharge in 10 days if not used.
That's the default setting. You can decrease the number of days in DJI GO.

I dont get it why would DJI have a discharge in 10 days if not used. These are lithium batteries and they have no memory issues like NiCad batteries. Doing full discharges are bad for lithium batteries. they last longer if you do shallow discharge cycles and charge them right away.
Actually they age faster if you keep them fully charged. It is well known that LiION chemistry is best stored in a depleted state, around 40%SOC is a good target level. They are also less stable when kept at max terminal voltage.

They remember when you treat them badly.

The red warning is a damage! The self autoscharging during storage iale a batteries issue.

You will can sent to replace to dji repair center... warranty 6 months , Europe warranty 1 year

They will give you a new batter6

Apparently not if a normal charge/use cycle cleared the message for the OP.

I'm getting this message also under details for my P3. Admittedly I left them unused for some time where they showed one bar and wouldn't stay on. They did stay on after giving them a charge for a minute or two just to see (thought they may be totally gone), and reported 25%. Fully charged the three and flew successfully for about 18 minutes, which has been typical.

After the successful flights I found this message in battery details.

Press and holding battery button shows 75% life left.

Perhaps it takes a couple full charge cycles to clear the status.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic