Phantom 4 and Flir Vue

Reaction score
Okay sorry if this has been talked to death but I'm very new to this.
I'm looking at the phantom 4 because primarily range and flight time and of course price. Roughly $850 on Amazon.
I want to buy the phantom 4 now and get used to flying it and get good with it while I save for a flir vue.
That being said can the flir vie hook directly to the P4 without having to buy some expensive attachment kit. I've seen it's better to use a P1 or P2 because it has a go pro mount but it has very limited range and the ones I've looked at don't have live video feed?
If the Flir Vue can't hook directly to the P4 without an expensive kit then what options do I have that have simular range and flight times.
Want to use this for SAR. Saw the Parrot Bebop Thermal but Flir resolution is way to low to make it useful
Thank you

Also to be clear I'm looking for 25 minute plus flight time and 1.5 miles plus range
This cannot be done with extra payload carried. If the thermal camera would replace the original one, maybe. Otherwise the ~+200g approximately halves your flight time. Even with an unmodified Phantom, you'll need a battery upgrade to have a consistent 25min+ flight time (there are other threads on that here).

Sounds like a skilled DIY job or an expensive custom order.

Hmmm okay well that's disappointing. Seeing these phantom drones on YouTube with flir vue but none really show flight length or anything.
So with the added weight I would be looking at 10-15 minutes and also no low cost way to connect the flir vie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues