PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED Scratch on main camera lens (not the UV Cover/filter)

Reaction score
I seem to have a scratch on my main camera lens. I noticed it while editing in D-Log on CC Premiere Pro 18. Cleaned the suspected filter(s) changed to 3 different filters. No change. Then decided to do a short flight with no filters/covers... lens only. Still have the scratch/smudge. I think it is a scratch as I cleaned with soft microfiber cloth to no avail. Hmm.

Any sensible fixes, other than sandpaper, toothpaste, drills and q tips? LOL. Seriously I did not see any viable repairs online. A colleague of mine suggested to film in F8 or higher so as not noticeable... But.. I need a fix to the problem not a bandaid. Thanx guys.

Just to be sure its really a scratch....I would use some lens cleaning paper made for camera lens that's pre wetted with alcohol and don't ever wipe it round n round the lens..always across the lens and crumble the paper up to use it OK !....and....it might be a smudge mark of some kind I Hope that's what it is......IF not the repair will be very expensive !

I seem to have a scratch on my main camera lens. I noticed it while editing in D-Log on CC Premiere Pro 18. Cleaned the suspected filter(s) changed to 3 different filters. No change. Then decided to do a short flight with no filters/covers... lens only. Still have the scratch/smudge. I think it is a scratch as I cleaned with soft microfiber cloth to no avail. Hmm.

Any sensible fixes, other than sandpaper, toothpaste, drills and q tips? LOL. Seriously I did not see any viable repairs online. A colleague of mine suggested to film in F8 or higher so as not noticeable... But.. I need a fix to the problem not a bandaid. Thanx guys.
if all else fails, maybe one of these?
DJI Camera NDVI Lenses – Peau Productions

Reactions: Blade4
Usually, the worst result of a scratch on a lens is the trauma of discovering it!

I STRONLGY urge you to resist the natural urge to “fix” it. Such efforts will almost surely make matters worse.

Live with it for a while. Unless it’s a major gouge, I predict you will see no, or almost no image degradation.

I spent 40 years in the photo industry and retired as a Director in the US headquarters of an International Fortune 500 photo company you would recognize.

I would verify that there is in fact a scratch/smudge on the glass before doing anything else. When working on my DSLR's I use plenty of light and magnifying glasses to determine what is causing the issue. Usually the culprit is lint somewhere on the glass or even the sensor. I never use canned air around the lens as I found out it can force lint inside the lens which is very hard to remove.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
just a follow up on this guys… I ended up sending it to DJI and they sent me the copper back with no smudge everything is fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav