Help Unscrewing lens filter on Phantom 3 4k

You need to use the lightest touch to remove the lens. Too much will squeeze the threads of the lense to the threads of the camera. It's hard to do with just a light touch because the lens is slippery if you take a rubber band and go around the lense twice that prevents your fingers from slipping and should unscrew pretty easily.
I just did what you suggested, and the lens came right off. Thanks for the input

While on the subject of lens filters, can someone be kind enough to tell me the ring thread diameter size (in mm.) P3 Pro camera.

Through the help of this thread, I managed to remove the standard factory-installed filter. Need to replace it with ND filters with same ring diameter for bright, sunny days. Any help/info will be much appreciated. Anybody?

Hi!

I've just measured the outside of the camera-body thread on my P3Pro with a digital micrometer.

I measured 3 times and the measurements were 29.81mm, 29.84mm and 29.85mm

So the lens thread is probably 30.0mm.

Plenty of ND sets available for P3 on Ebay.

(LATER) BEWARE!! It seems DJI might have changed the size at some stage!! Phantom 3 Pro - Lens threads changed? You'd better measure yours with a micrometer, as I did.

Hi!

I've just measured the outside of the camera-body thread on my P3Pro with a digital micrometer.

I measured 3 times and the measurements were 29.81mm, 29.84mm and 29.85mm

So the lens thread is probably 30.0mm.

Plenty of ND sets available for P3 on Ebay.

(LATER) BEWARE!! It seems DJI might have changed the size at some stage!! Phantom 3 Pro - Lens threads changed? You'd better measure yours with a micrometer, as I

Reactions: Steve7777
Your reply is much appreciated, Steve!

My set of micrometer results closely parallels your measurements taken from the bare outer diameter of camera body thread (no UV filter attached). While the outside diameter of the factory-installed lens/UV protection filter averages around 31 mm. Most available online filters close to our measurements are 30 mm.

Morever, thanks for the precaution on lens thread change. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Your reply is much appreciated, Steve!

My set of micrometer results closely parallels your measurements taken from the bare outer diameter of camera body thread (no UV filter attached). While the outside diameter of the factory-installed lens/UV protection filter averages around 31 mm. Most available online filters close to our measurements are 30 mm.

Morever, thanks for the precaution on lens thread change. I'll keep you posted.
Attention @Steve7777
Most online filters revolve around the 30 mm ring diameter size. However a couple of sites also offer a 30.5 mm filters.

To the venerable pilots of P3 Pro...

Question is which: 30 or 30.5 mm for the P3 Pro?

Anybody?

Last edited:
Hi again, @pilot2

I finally remembered that I had bought a set of P3 Pro ND filters quite a few years ago - but because I have a such LOAD of drone stuff of all sorts, I had to track down where they were. I don't fly my P3Pro so much now because I usually fly my Mini2. My P3Pro was bought in 2016.

Anyway, I found the filters and have measured the internal threads of each of the 4 filters and they were all around 29.65mm, which, as the thread depth is quite shallow, I would suggests points more to 30mm. It may not help much but I've attached some photos of them - They are just cheap, generic lenses but they worked OK. I also have a lens which was sold as an 'Orsda' variable 'Fader ND2 to ND 400' but which I suspect that is merely 2 rotatable polarised lenses put together. Pics also attached... The reference codes didn't bring much up for me on the internet and the listed website seems dead now.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Steve

Attachments

• 20240418_135841.jpg
    20240418_135841.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240418_135848.jpg
    20240418_135848.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240418_135900.jpg
    20240418_135900.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240418_135943.jpg
    20240418_135943.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: pilot2
Hi again, @pilot2

I finally remembered that I had bought a set of P3 Pro ND filters quite a few years ago - but because I have a such LOAD of drone stuff of all sorts, I had to track down where they were. I don't fly my P3Pro so much now because I usually fly my Mini2. My P3Pro was bought in 2016.

Anyway, I found the filters and have measured the internal threads of each of the 4 filters and they were all around 29.65mm, which, as the thread depth is quite shallow, I would suggests points more to 30mm. It may not help much but I've attached some photos of them - They are just cheap, generic lenses but they worked OK. I also have a lens which was sold as an 'Orsda' variable 'Fader ND2 to ND 400' but which I suspect that is merely 2 rotatable polarised lenses put together. Pics also attached... The reference codes didn't bring much up for me on the internet and the listed website seems dead now.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Steve
These are great help, Steve. Absolutely!

30 mm is the way to go then. Although not many online dealers carry them, there are a few who offer 30 mm ND filters. I guess the variable 8-stops for quick adjustments will save some battery time.

Btw, also tried the bar codes, now sadly culs-de-sac. Again, thank you, buddy Steve. Without your help and patience, I would have had abandoned this search.

Reactions: Steve7777

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl