"PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED, REAR LEDS"

Reaction score
Hello, I have just purchased a phantom 4 advance, and on my first test flight the rear leds are blinking green and then red. They go back and forth for the duration of the flight. Any help would be great. Thank You

I have just purchased a phantom 4 advance, and on my first test flight the rear leds are blinking green and then red.
Please read the entire manual before flight. 3 times would be better. You can find the manual here: P4A Manual

Aircraft Status Lights
P4.PNG

No, the rear leds on the phantom alternate green, red, slow flashing?
Can you post a short video of this? Also, are you getting any messages on your screen? This sounds like from the description, either one of two things. Possibly a weak GPS signal, or a weak transmission signal. The lights are only indicators, they don't tell you the whole story.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
There are no messages what so ever, while hovering, the red leds will flash slowly for about 15 seconds and then the green will do the same?

There are no messages what so ever, while hovering, the red leds will flash slowly for about 15 seconds and then the green will do the same?
Do they alternate? Or is it 15 seconds RED, then 15 Seconds Green....

How many sats are locked per the display? I still say this sounds like a connect/disconnect issue, but just narrowing down the reasoning for it.

The most I have gotten is 8.
That could be part of the issue. That is a bit low. Depending on where you have the aircraft. Do you have a full clear view of the sky at your take off point? Generally speaking, I get no less than 11 for the most part. 6 would be the bare minimum, I would think.

I'll check tomorrow, I have an inspire 1 and it is always in the 12 to 14 range. Thank You Very Much for the info, Have A Great Night.

Based on the duration of green and then red it almosts sounds as if its flying normally in P-GPS mode and intermittently shows a low battery condition which then goes away. That's an unusual pattern.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72