Phantom 4 Advanced gimbal whining noise. PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
So I've read about this issue before and tried all the things recommended but my gimbal still makes this bad whining noise. I haven't had any crashes so not sure why it would just start making this noise. I hoping that there is some sort of beta firmware I can try to see if that solves the issue. If you need more info, that's fine.

Thanks

So I've read about this issue before and tried all the things recommended but my gimbal still makes this bad whining noise. I haven't had any crashes so not sure why it would just start making this noise. I hoping that there is some sort of beta firmware I can try to see if that solves the issue. If you need more info, that's fine.

Thanks

Is it a gimbal motor that is whining? Or is it the fan? If it is a gimbal motor, it has probably been overheated. Even in a minor crash, where there is no apparent damage, one of the gimbal motors can be held in an un natural position, up against a tree or other object. The time it takes to recover the drone can be long enough to melt the wire coating on the motor lugs of one or several gimbal motors. I have found that gimbal noises, such as screeching have bubbled wrie coating.

If it is the fan, make sure all 8 mounting screws are secured. If the drone has had a crash at some point in time, the fan housing can get slightly moved up against the innards of the drone and cause the fan blades to rub slightly on the fan housing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav