Phantom 4 Advanced flyaway

48D7EDC3-07C9-4897-AADF-784C386F6B4D.png

I asked my friend and she said it probably fell out of the sky and landed on the roof of the Nissan factory.

Reactions: thedjtec
My friend lost drone. It flew away.
Can you help me to define approximate area of drone landing?
Unfortunately the flight data doesn't give us a lot to go on.
It does not have any data to show where the Phantom may have landed or if it crashed.
All I can see is that the Phantom was flown with a full battery, for 5:40 at an altitude of 730 feet and the record just stops.
There are a number of compass errors at times that are concerning, but these don't explain the loss of the Phantom.
There was a very strong wind but the Phantom was flown into the wind so the return should have been easy.
There are two short loss of downlink messages near the end of the flight record which suggest that the Phantom may have been getting close to losing signal.
Once signal was lost, the Phantom should have gone to RTH and it would be normal for signal to be reconnected.
This did not happen but there is not enough information to see why or suggest what happened where the Phantom might have landed.

When I look at the data, I see the compass error keeps coming up. That is scary to me. I would have brought it home right a way. Bad thing things happen when that pops up.

If you have a friend with a drone, fly over the roof and see if it is there. If it is, you might be able to do a rescue with the other drone.

Reactions: jimlips and BSMDBT
Flying at 730 feet when 400 is the uav limit... no wonder there's so much going on with the FAA and licensing etc. No sympathies from me on your loss if you're going to fly almost twice as high as you should, especially while ignoring compass errors. I'd bet this person hasn't had this uav more than a week or two, took it out of the box and started flying without doing much, if any research on their particular model. Makes for an expensive learning experience!!!

Flying at 730 feet when 400 is the uav limit... no wonder there's so much going on with the FAA and licensing etc. No sympathies from me on your loss if you're going to fly almost twice as high as you should, especially while ignoring compass errors. I'd bet this person hasn't had this uav more than a week or two, took it out of the box and started flying without doing much, if any research on their particular model. Makes for an expensive learning experience!!!
Is that the limit in Russia, Texas Gonzo? lol

730 ft you don't need a drone you are making it harder on people that just love to fly!!!! Keep on no one will be aloud to have one!!!! It was right out of the box like TEXAS GONZO said really smart

Yeah, and this "friend" was at 700' AGL altitude only 1 mile from the Levashovo Airport runway. It wouldn't surprise me if the Russian government shot the drone down after detecting it being so close to the airport. Hopefully this "friend" doesn't have enough money to buy another drone. That might save some lives.

The nearby airport looks like a military facility.

upload_2017-10-10_22-26-52.png

Last edited:
Reactions: andre renaud
First point, the person ask for help. Some people here didn't give him any help, quite the opposite.

Second point, why assume everyone is in the USA and start quoting FAA rules.

Third point ,Are we a friendly forum where a person can ask anything?

My point, Look into what a person is asking. They need help. It is not the time to quote FAA rules. People many times come to this forum for the first time looking for help. We are the experts, Phantom Flyers. Most people are ignorant of rules, because they are new. So tell them of how stupid they are. When they need help lets make them feel worse. We will alienate them from caring at all about the rules and see if that helps our cause in general. Show people you care and guide them in the right direction. I can't understand why people are so quick to attack someone? Does it make you feel Good? Is this a friendly forum?

First point, the person ask for help. Some people here didn't give him any help, quite the opposite.

Second point, why assume everyone is in the USA and start quoting FAA rules.

Third point ,Are we a friendly forum where a person can ask anything?

My point, Look into what a person is asking. They need help. It is not the time to quote FAA rules. People many times come to this forum for the first time looking for help. We are the experts, Phantom Flyers. Most people are ignorant of rules, because they are new. So tell them of how stupid they are. When they need help lets make them feel worse. We will alienate them from caring at all about the rules and see if that helps our cause in general. Show people you care and guide them in the right direction. I can't understand why people are so quick to attack someone? Does it make you feel Good? Is this a friendly forum?
Well said. It's true to note that the guy is new and like any of us.. When we get the drone for the first ever time we seem to get to excited and just fly. Also the guy may not even be aware of the strict rules.

Well said. It's true to note that the guy is new and like any of us.. When we get the drone for the first ever time we seem to get to excited and just fly. Also the guy may not even be aware of the strict rules.

It should not require knowledge of the exact rules to realize that flying that close to an airport at that height is reckless and dangerous. People like that are endangering others, and endangering the continued existence of relatively lax rules and rule enforcement in relation to recreational flight. They do not deserve your sympathy and the stupidity of their actions should, and likely will, be called out if they are then clueless enough to publicly advertise their actions.

It should not require knowledge of the exact rules to realize that flying that close to an airport at that height is reckless and dangerous. People like that are endangering others, and endangering the continued existence of relatively lax rules and rule enforcement in relation to recreational flight. They do not deserve your sympathy and the stupidity of their actions should, and likely will, be called out if they are then clueless enough to publicly advertise their actions.
Got a saying in the country. You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I bet he doesn't come here for help again. You hurt our cause and the other fliers by pissing people off. I don't mind if I piss you off. You know and I suppose follow the guide lines. You NEVER broke any of the guide lines? I would never know. What is it like to be perfect?

He get permission from airport stuff and also from nissan factory, because he shoot for a newspaper. He has been flying for more than a year. In Russia there is no restriction on flight altitude for drones. The permission to fly from the supervisory authority was received. The security service of the Nissan factory has already conducted searches on its territory. They did not find anything.

He get permission from airport stuff and also from nissan factory, because he shoot for a newspaper. He has been flying for more than a year. In Russia there is no restriction on flight altitude for drones. The permission to fly from the supervisory authority was received. The security service of the Nissan factory has already conducted searches on its territory. They did not find anything.
I hope it will turn out well. Never give up.
удачи

Well if this was a properly authorized flight then apologies to the pilot for suggesting that it was reckless, but we see far too many similar, unauthorized flights. Unfortunately, as @Meta4 mentioned above, the flight log contains few clues at all about what happened. If it was not sudden power loss leading to a free-fall descent into the parking lot then the other option - loss of downlink (and perhaps uplink), should have triggered RTH either immediately (if uplink were lost) or on low battery (if only downlink were lost), which, as well as taking the aircraft home, would likely have led to reacquisition of the downlink.

Got a saying in the country. You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I bet he doesn't come here for help again. You hurt our cause and the other fliers by pissing people off. I don't mind if I piss you off. You know and I suppose follow the guide lines. You NEVER broke any of the guide lines? I would never know. What is it like to be perfect?

I'm not pissed off - I just disagree with your basic premise. There is a world of difference between not knowing and/or not completely following all guidelines versus the reckless flying that we see far too much of, here and on YouTube. The former, you may have noticed, gets given a pass much of the time. The latter needs to be regarded as unacceptable by the community as a whole.

We certainly don't want to help someone like this and give our general audience the impression this flight mission is acceptable behavior. If OP really got permission, he should have stated that knowing that we'd be hammering him for his mission if he didn't. If he knew to ask for permission, he's smart enough to know we're going to question his judgement on such a flight. IMO, the omission of this info invited the sanity of this forum to criticize. The OP's post is similar to saying he shot his neighbor, without including the fact that he was attacked by his neighbor with a knife. You invite people to question your sanity when you leave out critical details, that's what humans will do, rightfully so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel