Phantom 4 Advance camera settings

ajr

Reaction score
I've been using my p4 advance for awhile just for inspection real-time. I was wanting to get into more photos. Tried a few and came out blurry. Any suggestions?

I've been using my p4 advance for awhile just for inspection real-time. I was wanting to get into more photos. Tried a few and came out blurry. Any suggestions?
It depends on whether the blur is motion blur or focus blur. To start, set the camera settings on "auto". It's like "auto" on a DSLR and will try to get the best photo for the conditions it sees. Use "focus asset" -- tap the screen on the subject you want to be sure is in focus -- it's like auto focus on a DSLR. . Use "tripod mode" to help steady the bird when you shoot. If all that works, good. If not try to determine whether you have focus or motion blur. If it's motion blur, you'll need a faster shutter speed -- try it at 1/160 -- by setting the camera to shutter preferred. letting it pick aperture and ISO. If it's focus blur, and you're using focus assist, and tripod mode, then you'll need more DOF. Set the camera to aperture preferred and stop down to say f/5.6 - f/9, letting the camera set shutter speed and ISO. Good luck. In all cases, try to use the shortest focal length you can -- say 24mm or lower. Good luck.

You'r right ..thanks. Too much DSLR thinking..
You probably have a little too much DSLR thinking in your suggestion about aperture setting also, DOF issues are of little relavence given the focal length and typical camera to subject distances. In most cases you will get very good apparent sharpness by setting the focus to infinity and forgetting about it.

Reactions: YR VISUAL
If you shoot your P4A in auto and set focus to infiinity you should get some decent image quality. If you want to maximize image quality I suggest learning to use the camera in manual mode. There are a million great youtube videos out there on shooting in manual mode. Even videos talking about manual mode referring to dslr cameras will be helpful. Learning to use ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, and APERTURE (exposure triangle) to your advantage can help your photos image quality and artistic expression. Cameras on auto will try to expose a scene properly but typically we can do it better than the camera / we can get the outcome we're looking for (long exposure/light trails etc).

Regarding focus, setting the cameras focus to infinity typically gives you "acceptable" focus throughout the image but not tack sharp focus. If you use tap to focus and focus on the subject in your image you can get the subject tack sharp vs acceptably sharp. Keep in mind the P4A camera is great for a drone camera but its not jaw dropping image quality haha. So results using different focusing techniques may be minimal.

Last thing I'd like to say is that I own a P4A. When I first got it i tested it out on a very cloudy day. The image quality looked super soft just like the soft light caused by the clouds diffusing the suns light! Who wouldve known lol. The P4A doesnt deal with soft light too well. Shooting in brighter conditions that have some shadows and highlights can give you better results.

Overall for the price the P4A is an amazing drone (IMO). Typically doing things manually can give us better results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4